Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 04-02-2011, 06:26 AM

abcha0s is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGlu6 View Post
J&L is trying to get their SPS LED tank to look good for a year now and still cant get it done.
And even after they ripped it off to pieces and rebuild it all, it is still looks mediocre at best! SPS just does not look good under their LED; unhappy, bad color, bad polyp extension.
Until i see at least three tanks that will show excellent SPS results similar to MH lighting i am not sold on LED at all.
That's very interesting. Can you share what brand of LED lighting they are using? - If you don't want to post to the forum, please send me a PM. I expect the OP might also be interested in the brand of LED that JL is trying.

- Brad
Old 04-02-2011, 06:34 AM

Rogue951 is on a distinguished road

Vertex last I saw... if it's the same tank we're talking about.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:42 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcha0s View Post
That's very interesting. Can you share what brand of LED lighting they are using? - If you don't want to post to the forum, please send me a PM. I expect the OP might also be interested in the brand of LED that JL is trying.

- Brad
Not sure exactly what they are using , i will try to remember to check next time i am there but i think its this one.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/vt...8+Inch%29.html

May be its because this is the frag tank.. who knows but maan... they just cant get it to look good and Corals are definitely not happy there. i have seen many frag tanks that look way better under regular MH DE and or SE and corals look fantastic.
Sure LED is a cool new toy but i prefer to have better looking corals then a fancy light fixture.