Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-07-2010, 02:03 PM

KevinK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoonTang View Post
I would say off hand that it may be your lights. 150W is marginal for a 30" deep tank. Are the corals near the surface doing better than the deeper ones? I know some of my acro's near the bottom of my 24" tank need to be moved higher, and i am running 250W 14k Phoenix bulbs.
Stray voltage should be 1 probe in the ground pin of a socket and 1 probe in the tank and then check for DC voltage. Lots of people report some stray voltage with no effects on thier tank tho.

I cant se where the light is the factor.

I know the 150 is weak from some side, and I will upgread this in the future, however everything is growing fine and only have the fading the last 2 weeks.

have SPS at 20 inches and are still growing (not as fast, but thy do)

the coral's in the pic. are12 inches below water, dead on, underneath the lamp, I have more of these corals, and thy are all fine, it is gust the 2.

I will start locating the stray leak, and se what will happen, however untill then, when there are other sugestions, thy are welcome

Keivn
Old 06-07-2010, 02:34 PM

ReeferMush is on a distinguished road

If you've been running the same equipment/pumps for a year now, I would suggest check each powerhead and your return pump for leakages. These are what take most of the strain in the system due to on/off control and your return because its runs constanly and has to work to push water to a height.