Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-14-2015, 03:45 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Never dealt with this group or this pair of shysters, so I'm feeling lucky. Sorry to all who had the great misfortune of sending any money to these sellers. Thanks for the warning.

Anthony
Old 09-14-2015, 05:34 AM

htfn is on a distinguished road

I was just about buying from them but luckily? I had a red bugs issue, so didn't dealt with them.
Thanks for the information.
Hiro
Old 09-14-2015, 06:34 AM

matti2uude is on a distinguished road

I won't be buying from them again.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2015, 02:27 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepclo View Post
Thanks for the space invader
There you are, you're welcome. How's it doing?

SPS fanatic.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:47 PM

Easto is on a distinguished road

It seems like the same few people win all the auctions. They either spend a **** load of money on corals OR they are somehow working with the admins to win the auction so they don't end up selling them to a legit bidder at a lower price.

Just a quick question on coral pics:

It seems like it's an accepted norm to photoshop coral pictures as WYSIWYG. What's the best way to actually get a real picture of a coral? Picture against a white background or some other colour that will expose whether or not the coral colours have been altered?
Old 09-14-2015, 04:18 PM

RKLion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelman76 View Post
The pics are horribly photoshopped and sometimes don't even belong to them , even though they state they are wysiwyg pics. Here is a picture of a leprechaun monti that Tracy was selling
You can see that the rest of the photo has been blacked out , which I'm assuming is so that the picture can not be searched for using Google image search to see who the pic belongs to.
This picture clearly belongs to RKLion from GTAquaria, and even shows it in his photobucket account.

When I asked Tracy about the picture because she stated it was a wysiwyg picture , she removed my comments from the post. When I questioned her about why my comments had been removed, I was then banned me from the group. She then sent me a private message on Facebook saying that the picture was hers and wasn't a stolen picture. I sent her the pic from RKLions thread which clearly shows the pic belonged to him and then she went quiet.

I know numerous people that have asked questions , (usually about pics ) and all the comments get deleted and most get banned from the group when they question why their comments were deleted.

Very suspicious activity in this group , if the pictures belong to you and are not grossly photoshopped , then you should have nothing to hide , and no reason to remove people's posts/opinions. There are a handful of people on her group that defend her , which I discovered were all moderators of the group and I would assume friends of hers.
Hi everyone...As some of you know I have a wholesale farming business that for several years has been supplying corals to many of the vendors you have come to love and is now venturing into retail. We have supplied Canada's Coral Auction House with corals. The Montipora picture in question was used with permission after they purchased the coral. Further more they are passionate hobbyists who love reefing
Old 09-14-2015, 04:39 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

The plot thickens.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easto View Post
It seems like it's an accepted norm to photoshop coral pictures as WYSIWYG. What's the best way to actually get a real picture of a coral? Picture against a white background or some other colour that will expose whether or not the coral colours have been altered?
Generally, background colors are a good start. However, that boils down to how skilfully the alteration was handled. For example, you could simply set the background as a separate object and only alter the coral...

But most of the time, people photoshopping corals are either unconcerned, unaware or unskilled and you'll be able to spot an alter just fine. Rule of thumb (obviously): if it looks suspect, ask questions.

... Not that I have any direct commentary on this topic. Just chiming in as someone who uses PS everyday
Old 09-14-2015, 04:49 PM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKLion View Post
Hi everyone...As some of you know I have a wholesale farming business that for several years has been supplying corals to many of the vendors you have come to love and is now venturing into retail. We have supplied Canada's Coral Auction House with corals. The Montipora picture in question was used with permission after they purchased the coral. Further more they are passionate hobbyists who love reefing
I call BS
Old 09-14-2015, 04:56 PM

somafish is on a distinguished road

Like RKLion already said, they buy from him wholesale and start bids at retail prices in the hopes they can still get more money in the auction(they are not a retail store) they are crooks. Unless the coral has grown exponentially or morphed into something awesome, I don't see why a coral would ever appreciate in value especially if the what you get is smaller then the WYSIWYG photo. They are corals not antique watches, And they are crooks not passionate hobbyists