Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Concept Aquatics

Old 06-28-2011, 10:27 PM

abcha0s is on a distinguished road
Default Hello Canreef - New Vendor

We are Concept Aquatics and we are very excited to be official sponsors on Canreef!

Our store is located in Calgary, but we welcome all customers from across Canada. If you haven't already seen it, we invite you to visit our website at www.conceptaquatics.ca

Many of you already know us. Until recently, we were opperating under the name Concept Aquariums and had built a reputation as being the best custom tank builders in Alberta. We have grown and now have a huge inventory of Aquatics Hardware and Supplies.

We hope to be fairly interactive on Canreef and look forward to chatting with all of you. We are hobbiest too, so sharing our opinions is part of what we love about Canreef.

We welcome any and all feedback...

- Concept Aquatics

Last edited by abcha0s; 06-29-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Welcome aboard!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Nice to see you guys go official =) Best of luck!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:32 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcha0s@conceptaquatics View Post

We welcome any and all feedback...

- Concept Aquatics
The banner on your website is freaking huge!! It takes up nearly half my browser window. Please fix, thanks!

Oh and congrats on the new store!! :-D
Old 06-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Cugio

Suggestion: refine the products into more categories. e.g., when I pull up lighting fixtures, I get 86 units. That makes it really hard to find what I want.

Also, its not very clear that this is a web only store and not a local fish store that we can visit.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Welcome! Glad to see you guys on board

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:30 AM

dave_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cugio View Post
Suggestion: refine the products into more categories. e.g., when I pull up lighting fixtures, I get 86 units. That makes it really hard to find what I want.

Also, its not very clear that this is a web only store and not a local fish store that we can visit.
that seems to be a problem right now, but if you were to look on the upper left had corner of the web page above the products list, there is a multi layer search engine that will help redefine the product that you are looking for. we understand that the placement is uncommon but we are looking to fix that issues right now

we are an online store but you are always welcome to stop by,have a look around or just to sit down for a chat or coffee is always good. The only thing is that we ask you to do it by appointment, that way we can free up time to talk

thanks Dave

ps Kien we know about the banner lol easier said than done. We are working on it
Old 06-29-2011, 12:31 AM

Hi Cugio

Actually, we are a local fish store. Our address is:
Bay 4, 3650 19th Street N.E.
Calgary, Alberta Canada
T2E 6V2
You can find this address and our hours of opperation on the 'Contact Us' page on our site. What we don't have is a full retail display with staff as we feel this would add too much overhead. To keep our costs down and continue offering the best prices, we have taken a more minimalistic approach. However, you are invited and welcome to stop by for a coffee whenever you are in the area.

The trick to navigation on our site is a little different than most traditional sites. There is a good overview of exactly how this works and some of the other advanced features here:

http://www.conceptaquatics.ca/index....-use-the-site/

Essentially, once you enter the lighting category, there are additional filter options that appear above the main navigation menu (top left). Within the lighting category, you would have the option to filter based on:

* Manufacturer
* Fixture Length
* Technology
* Price

For example, if you were looking for a 4 foot LED fixture, your search results would be reduced to a total of 5 products.

Others have pointed out that this takes a little bit of getting used to, but once you've seen it, browsing products is really easy.

You do raise a couple of good points though. In particular, I will update the site to make sure that everyone realizes we are a brick and mortar store.

Take care and hope to see you at the store sometime soon.

- Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cugio View Post

Old 06-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Cugio

Thank you. Very informative.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:34 AM

^^^ What Dave said ^^^

Tags
concept aquatics, coral, custom tanks, hardware, supplies