Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 06-06-2007, 11:30 PM

Coldwater is on a distinguished road
Default I wonder what these might be pictures of...

...yet again I am back with a few more pictures for your enjoyment.

Here is a sea cucumber of some sort and its about an inch long.

This guy I didn't know I even had until a few days ago when a buddy pointed him out and the fact they are illegal to keep when undersized,so he going back when i can catch him. Any Ideas how?

This and a few of my pictures make my aquariums water look like its red tide.

The picture does thing nudibranch no justice the yellow dots are so much more vivid in person.

I have two of them and one lay eggs and this sea urchin has been hovering around it for a while...

One of those anemones you just see poking out of the sand at low tide. The green tentacles are pretty cool.

Here another species after eating a sculpin. Who ever said colours were best in the tropics were horribly wrong.

This one is pretty cool.

Can you spot the chitin?

And my latest addition. Only a face a mother could love.

Its called a plain fin midshipman and lately I have been seeing them around alot more than usual. Anybody else notice this?

The closing shot.

On a side note i have just start taking SCUBA lessons and am really liking them.

Matt
Old 06-12-2007, 10:49 PM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default reply

The color on that red anemone is crazy. Any new full tank shots?
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041
Old 06-12-2007, 11:12 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Yeah, very cool! The red on that anemone is amazing.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 06-14-2007, 10:42 PM

Ya the red is pretty wicked. I could have some new tank shots later tonight but I have lost almost all of the cool red algae that looks like bushes. This is because of the "Ravagers" as I call them. They are kelp crabs. They are so awesome but sit in it and tear it to pieces/eat it faster that it can grow. On a side note again tomorrow I go in for my Open Water dive thingy. So stoked.

Matt
Old 06-15-2007, 01:19 AM

justinl is on a distinguished road

scuba? good for you man! it will open up a whole new grounds for collecting for ya. we should go dive together one day. where ya doin your open water dive(s)?

sweet pics as always. imo it's always nice to see the rare temperate tank. LOVE that nudi!

as for the crab, yes there is a minimum catch size but no, do not put it back. there are strict regulations on introduction into the wild and a lot of red tape to swim through. there are risks of foreign parasites, death due to it's acclimation to captivity, bla, bla, bla, the list goes on. just don't collect another that size . me, Ive always wanted a puget sound king crab. those things get massive but are really quite pretty. and edible too!
Old 06-15-2007, 03:53 AM

I would have to say this is the lowest point on the cool scale this aquarium has reached right now. All the cool algae is almost gone. I need to learn how to make the full tank shots look really epic like everyone else does. I would like to get a pile perch or two so I have some mid water fish. Currently I just have the big dude(who I have named Ziltiod).

Quote:
we should go dive together one day. where ya doin your open water dive(s)?
That is a really great idea. I am doing two dives at Tyee Beach on Saturday and two more on Sunday somewhere else. Once I get the license I plan on buying as much of the equipment I can.

Puget Sound Kings are really cool looking. A few years ago my buddies dad who is a Prawn fisherman caught a small one and brought it back to show us. Thats the first and last time I ever saw one.

Matt

EDIT: I would really really like to get some more seaweed and cool stuff but I have had a very busy last week with exams and other dumb things. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32691For those of you to lazy to look for what the aquarium was like before the Ravagers here it is.

Last edited by Coldwater; 06-15-2007 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Compare Picture