Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2013, 03:19 AM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation
Default Dougs Reef

So glad to be back posting again on a regular basis. Decided to upgrade my 20g sps reef. I purchased a Fluval 3ft..50g. Beautiful silver trim. Need to do some work to make overflows work but thats fine.

Nice stand but of course has center divider brace, which is fine as I have plans for it that way.

Talking with Jeff at Lifereef to design a sump to fit in the one side. Also a VS2 or if it fits a VS3 skimmer. Plus a couple of media cylinders, again if they fit. Also purchasing one of his extremely well built calcium reactors, that connects with the installed ports in the sump.

Nick at Reef Supply Canada will be supplying the lights, Evergrow IT 2080 led,s. I already run one of their smaller units on my 20g. Plus wave making equipment.

I currently run an older Reefkeeper 2 controller. I,m going to get a full Apex for this tank. Want to be able to connect with my Iphone and Ipad.

The reason for a custom sump is to keep the divider, both for support and to keep the other side separate, for my reactor, Apex and electronics.

Using only dry rock from Eli. None of my live rock will be going in. Going to be hard enough to separate the sps from their rocks as is. I have 50lbs of Fiji cycling. Also ordered 50lbs of Pukani and 20lbs mixed branching and shelf. Not sure of the construction but should be neat.
I,m one that likes a lot of rock for my fish and not into the sparse islandy thing. I plan on adding a Potters, so she needs good rock to roam, plus my pair of manderins, once established and of course my 13yr. old percs.

I am going with some sand this time as I would really like to add a leopard wrasse, unless it interfers with the mandarins.

Going to be a slow build and cycling process. My sump and skimmer wont be ready until sometime in Feb. as he,s that busy. Thats fine with my schedule however. No hurry.

And yes, pic will be coming......