Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Pump Specific

Old 07-15-2011, 07:32 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Seems pretty much all over the blogosphere. I dunno if there's really anything much to dwell on it though. I kind of wonder if people get hung up on #'s too much. If you liked the flow patterns and you thought it was 2000gph but you find out now that it's really 1500gph is that really enough to invalidate the first premiss that you thought you liked it? And on the flip side, if you didn't like it in the first place anyhow then likely the gph value had little to do with that. I'm sure owners of Vortechs will particularly like this study so I guess good for them on that, but it doesn't change the fact that they are a more expensive option for starters. Don't get me wrong, I like several features of the Vortechs but I'm rather fully invested in Tunze due to that I've had had time to build up the inventory over 5 or 6 years now and I can just add to what's already there. It's sort of like how when DSLR's first came out, I had a nice collection of lenses for Nikon so I chose a new Nikon body despite that Canon makes some incredibly awesome cameras as well - but why switch out EVERYthing and take that financial loss when you don't need to because what you have technically fits the bill? So back to Tunze vs Vortech, without anything already in hand it might be an easier decision to go one way or the other, but neither option is really leaving the consumer out in the lurch so to speak. Plus I love that I can play around with positioning and aiming of the Tunzes, so I'm still happy with what I've got, even if the #'s are not what I first thought they were.