Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2016, 04:06 AM

NanoReef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NanoReef
Default Need opinions from the veterans

Ok, I have been keeping reef tanks for coming up on 12 years now, my 120 gallon has been up for 11 years already! We also have a 30 gallon shallow reef that we have been running for a 3.5 years. So here is the opinions I need. We currently have radion gen 2 with a TIR lens kit on it over the shallow reef and it has been there for 3 years now. I have had incredible luck with our zoanthids, and some sps, but no luck at all with our LPS. It lives, and the color is great, but I get literally zero growth. We are in the middle of a move for the 30 gallon, so while it's all apart, I'm wondering, should I switch the light out? I have had awesome luck with metal halide, but I wouldn't want MH over this shallow tank. Like I said, the growth and color of some of our coral is unmatched while using the radion... But I am wondering if T5 is maybe a better option for more even growth of our mixed reef?

So veterans, help me out. Stick with the Radion, or make the switch to something else?

Thanks in advance