Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures > Featured Tank

Old 04-03-2010, 03:22 AM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Kien!

The photography is excellent and does a great job of showing your healthy and beautiful livestock!

I don't know if you it was mentioned in the write-up but what camera did you use for the photos?
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 04-03-2010, 03:25 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
Congratulations Kien!

The photography is excellent and does a great job of showing your healthy and beautiful livestock!

I don't know if you it was mentioned in the write-up but what camera did you use for the photos?
Thanks! For the underwater shots (most of the top down ones) I use an Olympus Stylus Tough underwater camera. For all others I use the Canon 5D Mark II with the 100mm macro lens :-)
Old 04-03-2010, 05:12 AM

fooser is on a distinguished road

Fantastic Kien!
Congratulations on a reef well done. I am sure this just marks the begining to your tank getting even more inspiring
Old 04-03-2010, 08:51 AM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Kien! A top notch feature. I should point out though you forgot to add in the clams to your live stock inventory . I must say by the looks in pic thats one of the healthest looking Borbonius Anthius I've seen. How long have you managed to keep your Linckia's ? Great job !

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.

Last edited by andestang; 04-03-2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-03-2010, 09:24 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang View Post
Congratulations Kien! A top not feature. I should point out though you forgot to add in the clams to your live stock inventory . I must say by the looks in pic thats one of the healthest looking Borbonius Anthius I've seen. How long have you managed to keep your Linckia's ? Great job !
Thanks! Yes you are right I did forget the clams. Oops :-)

if you're amazed by his health you should see how big he is.. Your jaw will drop!

The blue one I've had for over a year now. There is actually a second blue one in there that I rescued off someone. The purple I've only had since December or January I think. The orange one just a month so far.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:11 PM

Thats what caught my eye was the size of him in one of the pics - outstanding.

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:13 PM

Also do you plan to upgrade your profilux to a III in the future ?