Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Controller and Monitoring Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2014, 02:00 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Couple of years ago I had to get my bottle hydro tested since it was time expired. Took it to Kelowna to a 'safety' supply center that does mostly fire extinguishing equipment fill ups & is qualified to test the bottles. No one in Vernon could do the hydro test. Don't recall the cost, but with the hydro testing & fill up it was over $100. The Praxair guys here in Vernon would have shipped the bottle to the coast to get filled. Ridiculous. Before that I had it filled at a paintball supply retail shop in Vernon that has since gone out of business. Not sure that guy knew what he was doing since the paintball canisters are much smaller. I think he probably over pressurized it. Last fill up was here in Vernon at a local gun shop that has a qualified dude to look after it. He charged me $15 cash.

I don't have a calcium reactor, I use my CO2 bottle to carbonate water, soda stream concentrate for pop & rotgut home brew beer. Good for another 3 years before the next hydro test.

Last edited by mike31154; 03-13-2014 at 02:08 AM.