Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-07-2010, 06:28 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Could we do Christmas without presents this year? I mean I got enough on my plate as it is, and Christmas isn't helping. I just realized that it's my best-friend-from-BC's birthday today, and the totally awesome card I got her way back in August (because it was so fitting for her) is still sitting in my desk because I forgot to send it, and it's not like I have her mailing address anyway! Grr. I can't think of any presents to buy, and most of the people I know are fairly financially comfortable so what the heck could I buy them that they haven't already gone and bought themselves? Oh, right I'm supposed to buy something meaningful ...like WHAT exactly??? Why are presents such a big deal anyway? And why do I always feel bad when people spend more money on me than I did on them? Or they managed to find me a meaningful gift which I couldn't do the same back? And just WHEN am I supposed to get all this shopping done anyway when I work like 350 days a year in a camp in the middle of freaking Egypt (it might as well be)?? Oh, and just WTF is growing on my Orchid Dottyback? Where's that hole to hide in? I know it's around here somewhere...I found it a couple weeks ago. When I work 15 hour days for weeks on end all I want to do is RELAX when I'm home. And home? Where's home again? I seem to have lost it somewhere in my car. Only 4 more months...4 more months...sounds like an eternity. *sigh*

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:42 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Geez Myka, plan ahead. If you got time to buy fish you got time to buy a few presents. Waiting until the last minute never works.

PS what did you get me for Christmas?
Old 12-07-2010, 07:09 PM

Murminator is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murminator

6 weeks into sledding season haven't even started my sled yet .....damn work

I reserve the right to hijack any thread I want to!!

My carbon footprint is bigger than your carbon footprint !!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:13 PM

Steve, this IS planning ahead! I always have to plan ahead because I never know when my next days off will be, and they are always unplanned. Christmas is 2 weeks away, and I have half my shopping done. I'm just not satisfied with most of the stuff I bought!

I got you a "I <3 MY REX" fridge magnet.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 12-07-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:14 PM

Jon Montgomery is a cool guy, maybe I'll try skeleton one day.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I got you a "I <3 MY REX" fridge magnet.
Cool!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:20 PM

Steve, you're supposed to give me at least 7 minutes to edit, re-edit, and repeat. I have to edit it at least 4-6 times before it is ready for final posting.

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:24 PM

Haha I do that to sometimes.

Ahhh I was wondering why I love my REX? Did I miss something?

Last edited by sphelps; 12-07-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:34 PM

All I want for Christmas is a house and an English Bulldog, is that too much to ask?
Old 12-07-2010, 07:50 PM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

I totally agree with you on the whole Christmas front. I can't get into the whole view own here or it will just get deleted. We have a draw in my family and the words from my mother are its $50 and here's the list from the person. What's the point. Might as well just trade money and go buy what you want. That and she doesn't actually know what Christmas is and is only celebrating the corporate holiday of spending money. I'd better stop I've already probably said too much. Im not a total grinch. People just refuse to see what this holiday has turned into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Could we do Christmas without presents this year? I mean I got enough on my plate as it is, and Christmas isn't helping. I just realized that it's my best-friend-from-BC's birthday today, and the totally awesome card I got her way back in August (because it was so fitting for her) is still sitting in my desk because I forgot to send it, and it's not like I have her mailing address anyway! Grr. I can't think of any presents to buy, and most of the people I know are fairly financially comfortable so what the heck could I buy them that they haven't already gone and bought themselves? Oh, right I'm supposed to buy something meaningful ...like WHAT exactly??? Why are presents such a big deal anyway? And why do I always feel bad when people spend more money on me than I did on them? Or they managed to find me a meaningful gift which I couldn't do the same back? And just WHEN am I supposed to get all this shopping done anyway when I work like 350 days a year in a camp in the middle of freaking Egypt (it might as well be)?? Oh, and just WTF is growing on my Orchid Dottyback? Where's that hole to hide in? I know it's around here somewhere...I found it a couple weeks ago. When I work 15 hour days for weeks on end all I want to do is RELAX when I'm home. And home? Where's home again? I seem to have lost it somewhere in my car. Only 4 more months...4 more months...sounds like an eternity. *sigh*

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"