Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 05-06-2009, 03:48 AM

sitandwatch is on a distinguished road

lorenz0,

You will be ****ed if you drop a used bike also.

I find the resale on bike to be crappy at best so if you plan to get a new bike each year get used if you are going to hold onto it get new.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:01 AM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

the first bike I bought was new...got it at Blackfoot motorsports.... I agree with sitandwatch though, you'll be ****ed regardless
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:58 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

I bought used and I'm glad I did. I dropped it once and almost dropped it quite a few more times. However I did get lucky and got away with only a small scratched area on the bottom of the bike.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 05-06-2009, 05:09 AM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Its not a question of "will i drop the bike?" but "when will i drop the bike?"

i dont think any one out there who rides can say the have never droped a bike. and it doesnt matter if your bike is new or used your going to be ****ed.

I bought my first bike used, and my second new. ive had it since 04 and its worth roughly the same now as it was in 05. but way off what i paid in 04. part of the reason i hung onto it, plus i love it. and my next bike i think is going to be an aprillia mille RSV 1000 R Factory . so im going to need some scratch before i consider it.

http://www.bikewalls.com/wallpaper/A.../1024x768.html

And in IMO stay away from blackfoot. go to GW or even bow although GW is the only spot in town they actually care about customer service and decent prices. my rear tire alone installed was over $100 buck more at more than 1 shop (even where i bought it), than what i paid at gw as a first time customer.

Dont know if i can knock on bike shops here, so if not please mod
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Last edited by ElGuappo; 05-06-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:47 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuappo View Post
Its not a question of "will i drop the bike?" but "when will i drop the bike?"

i dont think any one out there who rides can say the have never droped a bike. and it doesnt matter if your bike is new or used your going to be ****ed.
I can (knock on wood) 18 years and running now.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:10 PM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

ya thats my point, new or used i will be ****ed. before i even pick up the bike i am going to get frame sliders installed.

This bike will be with me for 4+ years so re-sale value isn't a huge thing for me. but thanks for the input guys, starting to work 65+ hour work weeks for this down payment
Old 05-06-2009, 02:46 PM

BMW Rider is on a distinguished road

I've bought both new and used over the years. It really comes down to what you want and what's available used. If you need to be on the latest and greatest, then I guess new is your choice. If you can find what you like in a used bike, then by all means save your cash and let someone else take the depriciation hit. Though there is a bit of a high obtained from riding a shiny new bike off the dealers lot.

My most recent purchase this spring, my BMW F800GS, was brand new. However, it's also a brand new model, so used ones are non-existant yet. If I don't drop it before the years out, then I'll be suprised (maybe even disappointed). That's just part of dualsport riding; getting into challenging places where the likelihood of a drop is high. That's why its fitted with a bashplate, crashbars, hand guards and heavy duty aluminum panniers. Those items will help to protect the soft bits when it does drop. My R1100RS on the other hand is less entertaining when dropped, and it has been, but never actually when riding, just tip overs.

Ed
60 gallon winter tank for pond fish.
300 gallon pond with waterfall.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:54 AM

WHOA so after all this time it's finally happening. was excepted for the loan for the bike with no problems. he actually said i could buy a $23,000 car if i wanted to. so gear has been purchased and now i just need to find a bike so saturday is the day
Old 07-16-2009, 06:59 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz0 View Post
WHOA so after all this time it's finally happening. was excepted for the loan for the bike with no problems. he actually said i could buy a $23,000 car if i wanted to. so gear has been purchased and now i just need to find a bike so saturday is the day
Thats pretty sweet. I've been visiting various dealers lately drooling over new bikes... I'm still riding my 'starter bike' and this is the 4th season on it! ATM I'd love to get a Victory 8 Ball but I guess I'll just have to wait a while longer. Hope you have a great time buying your new ride. I'm very jealous!

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 07-16-2009, 12:37 PM

I actually decided to go used. after alot of research the honda cbr f4i seems to fit what i want out of a bike right now without an aggressive sitting position. Later i will get my zx6-r. during this time i have become a huge fan of the ducati streetfighter-s lol but thats just a dream