Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 02:12 AM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Guys, the solution is very easy. Create your own vendor review forums. I've already shown how easy it is. Leave Canreef alone.

Last edited by Samw; 08-10-2008 at 02:18 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:29 AM

Veng68 is on a distinguished road
Red face

Sure it's not illegal to voice a negative opinion but if the boards rules say you can't then don't do it. In a way there is no such thing as free speech on Private boards. Follow the rules and your more then welcome to say what you want. Don't follow the rules and expect the post to be deleted.

As to fighting any legal action....... it's fine and dandy to say that unless you are the one that is having legal action taken against you. Even if your right........ the time and money used to fight litigation is such a hassle. It can also be very mentally draining (thank goodness we are not in the US).

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]
Old 08-10-2008, 02:59 AM

fkshiu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster View Post
This is getting boring

Old 08-10-2008, 03:03 AM

Veng68 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Okie dokie......... getting boring......... so that is all I have to say on the subject.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]
Old 08-10-2008, 03:50 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post
Holy cow, this is already at 8 pages. Am I the only one around here that has to work on saturday?
Nope, I am having to catch up on 6 pages of reading material.. lol

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 08-10-2008, 03:57 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I'll address one issue, because, well, I'm getting bored too. We ask that NO vendor reviews are posted, good or bad. We try to remain neutral. However, when a sponsor gives exellent service and Canreef members want to pay kudos, we tend to leave that alone.

We also do try and consider the members, and most of us don't like this policy anymore than you, but we don't have any good ways around it. When we zig, the members are mad. Zag, and the vendors are mad. So in the end, if we lose 4 members that are mad, we stay open. If we lose 3 vendors that are mad, well, we all go away. (numbers used as example only, I have no idea what we need to stay afloat.)

I first suggested the PM method, and it appears to work for the majority. I'm sorry if some people didn't catch on to this method before negative dealings, but it's the best we have right now.

We're looking at options, and if we can provide a service in this area AND keep almost everyone happy, we'll do it. If something is going to jeopordize the board, well, then we won't.

While everyone likes to think this is a great public forum, and they should be able to say and do what they want, it is in fact a private business, just like everything else. The mods' job here is to enforce such actions as to ensure that the business runs smoothly, most of the time. So while I'd personally love to name off every business that ever rooked me, it isn't in the interest of the company, and therefore I do what needs to be done in order to maintain the board.

Anyway, again, we've run the course of vendor reviews, I don't see any more point in discussing further.
Yes Catherine, you're IBTL