Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Polls

View Poll Results: Swine Flu/H1N1 Vaccination - yes or No?
Yes, I'll take it. 86 33.99%
No, I wont take it. 94 37.15%
I need more information before deciding. 26 10.28%
I've already had or have H1N1. 15 5.93%
I think it's a conspiracy of some sort so please don't take it! 32 12.65%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2009, 10:46 PM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

I remember some of the same when the seasonal flu vaccines started coming out. I started taking them every year and haven't been sick since. I love that !

I want the H1N1 shot, I wouldn't risk the people I love by passing it along should I get it. Don't much care about the hype.

I can't stand in long lineups because of my back, so I hope there is an alternative way out there.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:49 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

For anyone who has already had the shot in B.C., what do you need to take with you? Health card or just ID? My fiancee has decided to get it because of her underlying asthma problems. I assumed showing them her prescribed puffer would be enough to prove she has asthma.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:29 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure about BC but in Alberta the regular flu shot is free to all family members if one of them has asthma and since the H1N1 shot is free to all canadians I'm sure any ID or the puffer should be adequate.

I really have to wonder if all this conspiracy was around when the polio or small pox vaccines came out. Both of these diseases have almost been totally wiped out because of vaccines. People claim that vaccines are the cause of some other problems but that really doesn't explain the millions of other people who contract these diseases and never received vaccinations of any sort. It's unfortunate that genetic diseases exist but people are born with the gene and science doesn't know enough about gene therapy yet to solve the problems. As a parent I would be angry too if one of my children got a disabling disease and might seek to blame something for it. So I understand why people feel that way but if I took my first ever Tylanol and down the road I developed autism which I bet lots of people who develop the disease has taken the drug I wouldn't blame Tylanol I would blame bad genes. I really don't think people go to university because their life long ambition is to become an evil scientist and destroy the world, I would think most just want to make a positive difference in the world.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:50 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
I really have to wonder if all this conspiracy was around when the polio or small pox vaccines came out.
I think you nailed it right here. I have to wonder how much paranoia, mistrust, hype and hysteria are around because there are not many left in our current generation who have lived through an actual serious pandemic. If you take a walk through a cemetery old enough to cover the year 1917, it is interesting (and sad) to note how many young people (young adults, children, infants) were laid to rest that year. That was the flu. How many would have been prevented had there been a vaccine?
Old 10-30-2009, 01:41 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Tylenol.

Good information here...makes me wonder about all this. Actually I am stressing about it because I don't know what to do. Usually when I don't know what to do I do nothing.

SPS fanatic.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:34 PM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road
Default H1n1

So i am the kind of person who hates needles and doesn't ever get the flu shot cause i dont think its right. We have lived how many years with out it? The H1N1 flu shot scared me since if had never been tested on a human and the fact that it came out so fast. I have heard of a few people who have got the shot and really sick now. But the thing is i held back from getting the shot and came home from the hospital last night with meds and had so many different tests done. I have been diagnosed with H1N1 I can not go out in public, have to stay in a little room by my self, the symptoms i never will wish a pone my worst enemies. I have had a flu but this is much worse. The pain that i am in and the amount i suffer is over the top..

I am not only scared for myself but i am scared for everyone around me. One of the girls i worked with went into the hospital thursday last week and they said she had H1N1 and she passed away tuesday night. Its a crazy fast flu that once you get it will be with you. Hope your body can fight it.

If you have any of the symptoms at all please go get checked. I went to one hospital and since i never had the fever( i had ever other symptom) they told me to go home. I knew i was sick i couldn't walk really or breath and i knew i need to do something about it. So i went to another hospital and they took me in as soon as i told them what was wrong(good way to beat the lines) But i am only 19 years old and it was the scariest time of my life. I went myself and never had anyone there for support. Or to be there for me when they told me. The first thing you think is " am i going to die, what do i do, what about everyone i had been around"

I cant get the shot now since its to late for me. But i want my family and friends to get it cause i dont want to see anyone else like this. You have no places for your self. PLease wash hands after coughing and sneezing. and hand sanitizer if you go anywhere.

Dont mean to sound like you have to go get the shot, but this is my story and i know now if i didn't get sick i wouldn't be saying get it.

Feel free if anyone has symptoms to ask about them. I now have all the symptoms and know what extent they go to. If i can help some else before they get as bad as i am i would be so pleased.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:22 PM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear you are so sick. Get plenty of rest and fluids and if you start to get out of breath or find it difficult to breath get to the ER right away.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:30 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

After sitting down and talking about it my wife and I decided to get the vacination. With her being a public heath nurse the chances of her coming into contact with someone who is infected were almost guarenteed. The only side affect for me is my arm feels like I got hit with a bat where I got the shot.

Last edited by Parker; 10-30-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:34 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

In Ontario (my hospital) we are giving you tylenol after your H1N1 flu shot. Expect the same level of discomfort you experienced after receiving a regular flu shot, perhaps a little more localized pain in the arm. We have given well over 1000 shots in the last 2.5 days...I have done all the medical pre-screening. No significant adverse side effects to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Tylenol.

Good information here...makes me wonder about all this. Actually I am stressing about it because I don't know what to do. Usually when I don't know what to do I do nothing.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:33 PM

Ryan L is on a distinguished road

German military and other European powers are administering adjuvant free vaccines to their soldiers and government workers.

Something is amiss here

nuff said....