Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-20-2010, 07:29 PM

cale262 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitandwatch View Post
Its a handcycle, I sit on my knee's

I will have to find a photo of me in it, it would make more sense.

I've seen people use them,...I just didn't know what they were called
Old 08-20-2010, 08:18 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

What's cornering like on that? Do the back wheels articulate so you can lean if you need to?

PS. I can keep up to anything so long as I get to sit in a bike trailer attached to your bike. HAHA so there! I declare myself the victor in this "road biking is so much better than mountain biking" war! Geeze you guys. How about this: Start a new thread about road biking and all about how awesome it is, so that other people can chime in about how much more awesomer it is to knit, or crochet, or go windsurfing or kiteboarding.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:07 PM

sitandwatch is on a distinguished road

It corners flat, I've had one up on two wheels and flipped one, I just lean with my upper body to counter.

If you would like to donate to the "buy Brian a mountain bike" fund I only need about $10,000, I would love to rip up some off road.
http://www.oneoffhandcycle.com/index.html

Oh and the tread name is "Getting in to Biking" so I think road bikes count
Old 08-20-2010, 09:19 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

I've seen guys doing DH runs at Whistler on those. Incredible stuff.

PS. Yeah, it IS named biking but he MEANT mountain biking. Just because even the original poster tried to steer it into road biking doesn't make it right. He is young and misguided and dating a 1x4 fence post for goodness sakes. You can't go by THAT.

Oh FINE whatever. I no longer declare myself the victor. You roadies come here and gloat all you want. I give up. But if there is EVER a road biking thread don't get all surprised when people come pee on it with stuff like "sitting on a beach is WAY better than road biking" and "I like martinis" and "boy that Starcraft game is something else, have you tried the Konami code on it yet? Let's see you try Konami codes on road bikes!"

!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:46 PM

ME thinks the cycling world needs ta git together...I'm not a Roadie...I'm not a Chucker...I'm not a Tri-geek,...I Am a Cyclist.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:24 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

While i prefer my road bike I do love me a good trail on my XC bike too.

I don't know why this has to be a one or the other thread... ya Im looking at you Tony.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:58 PM

Words, just words... Have you even ridden your XC bike yet this year Ryan? I seem to recall you bought it, then rode it like twice and it's been rusting away all sadly from under use ever since. Dude - I think can hear your bike from here even. "Ryan.. why hast thou forsaken me. Please come back. I know Edmonton sucks but we can make it suck less by riding singletrack!" Come on man, your mountain bike is sad! Make it happy again. Enough playing with traffic. Get out there, or at least go find yourself a nice 1x4 to park against!

Hope you ROADIES are realizing I am kidding around. Pedal power rulez. Whatever your preferred mode is.

I'm outta here, off to a land of no internet for a few days. I might even go TRAIL riding. So I'm not purposely ignoring any further taunts, just a happy coincidence.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:24 AM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

Hah! Tony I think your just jealous of my Kiera Knightly fencepost girlfriend and my two 'prized possessions' in one picture together! Hahaha.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:31 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Words, just words... Have you even ridden your XC bike yet this year Ryan? I seem to recall you bought it, then rode it like twice and it's been rusting away all sadly from under use ever since. Dude - I think can hear your bike from here even. "Ryan.. why hast thou forsaken me. Please come back. I know Edmonton sucks but we can make it suck less by riding singletrack!" Come on man, your mountain bike is sad! Make it happy again. Enough playing with traffic. Get out there, or at least go find yourself a nice 1x4 to park against!
I was away from the forum all weekend too Tony so just saw this...

I actually take my XC bike out just about every Wednesday with some buds and hit some trails around the city. May not be up to par with your C-Town trails but its still loads of fun as well. What you are actually hearing is the bike whining it needs to be cleaned as it got a little muddy last week and i haven't cleaned it yet.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
...I'm outta here, off to a land of no internet for a few days. I might even go TRAIL riding. So I'm not purposely ignoring any further taunts, just a happy coincidence.

I personally can't say shat though,...I haven't touched any of my bikes since discovering this salt water dealio almost three weeks ago...

Last edited by cale262; 08-23-2010 at 07:15 PM.