Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 06-22-2013, 07:40 PM

11purewater is on a distinguished road

Shame on any retailer selling bottled water at a jacked up price since there was no boil water advisory(I am updated hourly)and there wont be.Don't believe tweets and facebook rumors peeps!this no better than looting IMO.At least in Calgary,downstream may be a differant issue.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:33 PM

Baker is on a distinguished road

Yup, just heard that home depot is selling 24 bottles of water for $45. Needless to say home depot can go f*ck themselves when it comes to getting my business.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
Yup, just heard that home depot is selling 24 bottles of water for $45. Needless to say home depot can go f*ck themselves when it comes to getting my business.
Seriously :O $45 for 24 bottles? :O Didn't expect that from homedepot

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 06-22-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Nothing like screwing over people in a panic,I hope these people get fined!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's just wrong!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:50 PM

Events like this will bring out the best and worst in society,the thing is not to forget either.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:57 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Ive been quiet through all this, mostly because its hard to say much when your heart is in your throat....anyone who knows me knows how much I love Calgary and how hard of a decision it was for me to move to E-town to be with my Girly.....My heart broke seeing all the devastation in and around C-town.....I am grateful that all my friends and acquaintances and all my family are safe and sad that they have to go through all this

I heard that they jacked the price of gas in Canmore when everyone was trying to get out....really pathetic that big billion dollar companies would use a disaster like this to gouge people in need.....CLASSY!
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 06-23-2013, 01:58 AM

Nate is on a distinguished road
Default Home Depot

I have heard from unconfirmed sources that those people were buying from the individual bottles by the door, expecting to get the 24 pack of a different brand discount as they were out of the other brand

Just saying
Old 06-23-2013, 02:58 AM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

From what I understand its a criminal offense to gouge public with high prices during state of emergency

http://www.cbc.ca/player/ueberproxy.html?ID=2393116256

Last edited by Proteus; 06-23-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:15 AM

Magma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is because Home Depot buys the bottles as individual bottles and pays $X.XX per bottle they do not get a flat rate just like gas stations and corner stores.

So when you buy the "Flat" its actually 2$ a bottle x 24 bottles which works out to $48 plus deposit/tax. They are not trying to screw anyone over its just how they buy the water to start with.

Sorry to say that people are getting hit with this but thats how it is. You cant expect a deal on something the store itself is not getting a deal on, just because its packed in a plastic wrap doesn't mean its considered a flat of water.