Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-13-2004, 06:14 AM

DiscusZ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DiscusZ

Well I have to say one thing.. LACROSSE, that game has alot of Stick work. Again I played this game as well <grin> it is alot more rough than hockey will ever be.

Jim
Old 03-13-2004, 06:16 AM

mutabaruka is on a distinguished road

my 2 cents worth ...... the Bertuzzi incident, like so many others, is an extension of what happens in the league everyday. Situations like this one are fostered, or at the least tacitly allowed because of the belief that it garners ratings. The Slapshot crowd in the states loves to see barely restrained violence. The problem is sooner or later someone loses control and someone gets seriously hurt. That Bertuzzi did not intend to hurt Moore this bad is not the issue. The league needs to stop all extracurricular stuff by punishing it severely and immediately. Hockey is an art form when played properly. When it is played like it is now ... it merely disgusts me. I like Todd Bertuzzi, he plays with heart; emotion and passion make him a star. Unfortunately he does not know how to control his emotions. In a game that is played at high speed, in close quarters with high emotions, control is vital. Suspending him as long as the league did was necessary. It does not hurt Vancouver sports fans as someone suggested .. because, it has no place in the game. How would the league look if Bertuzzi played a pivotal role in the playoffs, perhaps in a Vancouver/Colorado series? This crap has to stop, along with all the stick work, fighting, and cheap shots that happen everyday and don't result in injuries or media coverage like this one did.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:44 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk_A_neer
and wtf is goal sucking ?
it means you are going to have people hanging out at the opposing teams blue line waiting for a pass from his own red line so he can have a breakaway. because of this you will see defense start to stay back to wards there own end instead of playing in the opposing teams end zone. didn't you ever play street hockey man and you call yourself an Albertian

seriously though the two line pass rule was made to prevent exactly what I described.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:36 AM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk_A_neer
and wtf is goal sucking ?
cherry-pickin...