Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals

Old 10-30-2010, 09:49 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
Sorry but besides the appearance of the coral I have to trust what a person tells me. If a person doesnt know and lies to me and tells me they are then that person is not very honest. See how this works...pretty simple.

Are these frags coming from Tyree/ORA direct or otherwise?

You know there are look a likes that people pawn off as the real thing all the time...that is why its important. Just look at knock of clothes, electronics etc. People pay more for the real thing so that is why I ask.

I really dont see what the big deal is here. I just asked a few questions....
Do a search, you will find what your looking for (Believe me there are many a thread out there). I understand your concept of knock off's but you have to realize that were not talking about clothes, were talking about living animals that all come from the same place.

Quote:
You are so wrong. A coral strain is as important as a dogs pedgree to fanatics. It is important because these named corals are proven to grow, thrive and be colourful in many many different tanks. Wild and aquacultured corals is a much different story...some corals fresh from the reefs just to not hold colour and thrive in captive reef tanks.
You certainly bring up a good point but at the end of the day these corals are aquacultured and appear as they appear, again the Red Planet I got is actually the fastest growing SPS in my tank. Please look at what your typing, pedigree's for dogs cost $1000's of dollars and involve serious channels and paperwork. Is there anything even remotely close in reefing? If I purchase ORA coral can I get a certificate and then apply to breed said coral? Of course not, you are trying to apply a system that is well established for Dog/Cat breeding to a hobby that has nothing like it.
Levi
Old 10-30-2010, 10:07 PM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

This is rediculous. I have no special interest in this one way or another. I dont know the back story (im not on canreef all the time) and all Im getting is the run around.

1)It is simple. Are these frags coming from ORA/Tyree directly or indirectly (frags of corals originally coming from ORA/Tyree)?

2)If so how is it done?

Either tell me that you won't/can't answer these question (which is better then getting the run around). Or if they are legal like you say answer the question honestly.

You know my only interst in this is to figure out how to bring in these frags legally from the states.

If you want you can PM me, cause I feel like im the only one left out on a secret.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:12 PM

dp
Old 10-30-2010, 11:13 PM

lucyw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
So how exactly does one 'smuggle' an entire box of corals across the border? Just curious. Hey Paul, you have any insight into that? Care to give up your trade secrets?

HMMMM, lol.
I have seen ORA at Big Al's.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:29 PM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
This is rediculous. I have no special interest in this one way or another. I dont know the back story (im not on canreef all the time) and all Im getting is the run around.

1)It is simple. Are these frags coming from ORA/Tyree directly or indirectly (frags of corals originally coming from ORA/Tyree)?

2)If so how is it done?

Either tell me that you won't/can't answer these question (which is better then getting the run around). Or if they are legal like you say answer the question honestly.

You know my only interst in this is to figure out how to bring in these frags legally from the states.

If you want you can PM me, cause I feel like im the only one left out on a secret.

I understand where you are coming from and don't feel bad because it appears people are attacking you; however, this has been discussed more time than I can even count. The fact is that nobody is going to tell you the secret because it is a "trade" secret. If it were that easy then everyone would be doing it.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:33 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Old 10-30-2010, 11:35 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
I understand where you are coming from and don't feel bad because it appears people are attacking you; however, this has been discussed more time than I can even count. The fact is that nobody is going to tell you the secret because it is a "trade" secret. If it were that easy then everyone would be doing it.
Bingo!

It's like going onto the zeovit forum and demanding that they tell everyone the exact formula of their products.

Last edited by Zoaelite; 10-30-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
If its a trade secret how come nobody else in the trade knows the "secret"?

I understand if you found a legal loop hole and don't want to divulge but then at least answer that these are indeed ORA/Tyree corals.... Why have you not done that?
Old 10-31-2010, 12:54 AM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

"pedigree's for dogs cost $1000's of dollars and involve serious channels and paperwork."

cool, you sell dogs too paul? any pics?

oh wait. they're not from puppy farms are they?
Old 10-31-2010, 02:13 AM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road

I take random corals and put names to them, especially one's that people recognize, so that I can charge more money for them. So far it's working.

Thanks but I somehow I don't think you'll be wanting to buy my corals. Too bad.

Paul