Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals > Everything Pellets

Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 AM

OceanicCorals-Eugene- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
Exactly the dual reactor is just the same model that BRS is now selling on their website. What worrying me is that the pipes for the input is 3/8" while the output is around 1/4" (internal measurement) and most likely not enough water flow for the bio-pellets.
Is it this reactor that you got?
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/...n-reactor.html

Hm.. if its only 1/4" its most likely not going to cut it for the bio-pellets in terms of keeping them tumbling. I wonder if you can switch the quick disconnectors out for bigger size as i see them in home depot all the time. If you could then modding it should be a breeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don.ald View Post
wondering if anyone has thought about converting the zeo reactors for pellets?
A customer of ours is actually using a zeo reactor modded with the mesh to run there bio pellets. The only difference is he switched out the pump for something more powerful to keep the pellets tumbling to his liking and stopped pumping it everyday
Old 04-05-2010, 04:37 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals-Eugene- View Post
A customer of ours is actually using a zeo reactor modded with the mesh to run there bio pellets. The only difference is he switched out the pump for something more powerful to keep the pellets tumbling to his liking and stopped pumping it everyday
Do you know what pump he/she is using? I was considering doing this as well, seeing as sooner or later it's gonna be impossible to unload the zeo reactors except at pennies on the dollars since nobody will want them now!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:20 PM

OceanicCorals-Eugene- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Do you know what pump he/she is using? I was considering doing this as well, seeing as sooner or later it's gonna be impossible to unload the zeo reactors except at pennies on the dollars since nobody will want them now!
If i recall correctly he said he was going with a Mag pump, although im not sure which exact model he was going to use. But i think for those who have zeo reactors that they want to convert over to pellets, it will be better to get something thats over powered and fine tune it with a ball valve to where you want it.

The only thing i see with the zeo reactors being modified to use with bio-pellets is some of the reactors dont have a upper acrylic plate. That might need to be added in to prevent the pellets from flowing out of the reactor itself during initial setup or once the pellets gets used up. Other then that its the same modification you see for the vertex UF-15/20 that we carry. A mesh over the plates and your good to go.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:42 PM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

will the use of pellets clog return lines (same if you were dosing vodka)?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by don.ald View Post
will the use of pellets clog return lines (same if you were dosing vodka)?
As quoted by the manufacturer;

"The main advantage of this method over using Vodka or sugar as a carbon source is that BioPellets stimulate local growth of bacteria in a filter compartment, instead of all over in the aquarium where they may clog up pipes and hoses"
Old 04-09-2010, 10:05 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Hey Ian,

Can you tell me how many litre bags I need to buy in order to get my free bag, remember I got one litre initially through Tony, than order 2 more Litres through you and again delivered to Tony.

Do I have to 1 or 2 more bags for the freebee, I can't seem to find the threads...

Thanks,

Rick

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 04-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaldesigns View Post
Hey Ian,

Can you tell me how many litre bags I need to buy in order to get my free bag, remember I got one litre initially through Tony, than order 2 more Litres through you and again delivered to Tony.

Do I have to 1 or 2 more bags for the freebee, I can't seem to find the threads...

Thanks,

Rick

The first bag was purchased by Tony so naturally he would get the credit for that one, the other two you purchased would most definitely go towards our promotion. You need to purchase two more 1000ml bags and you will be entitled to another 1000ml free.

Ian
O.C.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:41 AM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals-Ian- View Post
As quoted by the manufacturer;

"The main advantage of this method over using Vodka or sugar as a carbon source is that BioPellets stimulate local growth of bacteria in a filter compartment, instead of all over in the aquarium where they may clog up pipes and hoses"
Old 04-10-2010, 03:49 AM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals-Ian- View Post
The first bag was purchased by Tony so naturally he would get the credit for that one, the other two you purchased would most definitely go towards our promotion. You need to purchase two more 1000ml bags and you will be entitled to another 1000ml free.

Ian
O.C.

K, I will contact you guys next week to order more and take advantage of the promotion, save 3L for me.

Have a great weekend.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 04-10-2010, 03:52 AM
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaldesigns View Post
K, I will contact you guys next week to order more and take advantage of the promotion, save 3L for me.

Have a great weekend.
Done!