Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-02-2009, 12:10 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
The original poster of the original add posted it on a public forum....He probably thinks "wow...people who know a bunch about reef tanks, think my price is out to lunch....maybe I should adjust my price a little"....hmm what do you know?...he did.... I have a top of the line (in the 90s) dual cassette deck....really sweet unit at the time....cost, like $500....I imagine they are fairly rare now...would you give me $300 for it? Times change and so does the value of things.

So your saying that we shouldnt post links to anything? Ive seem numerous links to things meant to be funny and things that arent meant to be funny. We then post and laugh and cry and talk and argue about the link. Why is what I posted any different?
The second you insult someone publicly things change, I'm not saying you're responsible so get defensive as I'm not looking to fight with anyone. I simply wanted to stick up for the other side as I thought the comments where getting out of hand.

Besides I'm not sure what you're mad about, you posted something to get some interest and you got it, everyone doesn't have to agree with you.

And yes things change but not everything, retail price is still high for coral skeletons and they are harder to find. Like I said before not everyone gets opportunities to get things for free. Many people around the world would pay a lot of money for many things we take for granted, doesn't mean they're stupid or wrong in anyway.

Last edited by sphelps; 10-02-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:51 AM

G1GY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Have fun at your own expense not someone elses who had no choice. Yes I think someone got hurt, seems people think the author has seen this thread how does he feel? Emails are private, public forums are not.

Of course the author had a choice. The second you post it up for sale...... You've made that choice. Maybe the author thought that their choice was going to bring quick cash and not a good laugh.

We are all subject to the opinions of others. This is even more true when using the internet for whatever we use it for. If the authour has such a light grasp on reality that my opinion may damage their delicate psyche, maybe the internet should be avoided by them.

What is of great value to me is worthless to others in most cases. I have people walking into the tattoo shop all the time who are pondering getting their first tattoo. They come with nothing more than an expectation that they got from their most recent viewing of LA ink. When they find out what's involved and how much it's going to cost, the whole idea loses it's lustre very quick in some cases while others bring whatever they can afford each and every payday to get their fix. Some are very vocal about what they view as a rip off while others swear that they've never had a better deal.

It's how it goes. Love it or not, it just is.

It's very commendable that you care about what the seller of the dead corals feels. I think that it shows that you're good person with a warm heart. I actualy mean it, but I'm still going to have that laugh.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET A BONG!?!

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>