Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-10-2014, 04:22 AM
Colony Growing Master

Rice Reef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
and it is quite possible that a few more were added to the collection along the way...

Kien, I don't know how you find time to do all this but thanks for sharing!
ATI 48" 3x75W LED with 8x54W T5, 2xTunze 6105, 2 x Maxspect Gyre XF150, Bubble King Mini 200 ( soon to be replaced by a Bubble King SM 200), Eheim 1262, Via Aqua 300 watt Titanium heater, JBJ ATO, Apex Controller
Old 03-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Vendor

Kraken is on a distinguished road

Guess what I found under my bed!

Old 03-10-2014, 03:28 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

GAME ON !! And that doesn't look like any Chinese knock off either !
Old 03-10-2014, 03:37 PM

gqlmao is on a distinguished road

Ahhh, that's awesome! I remember my friend ordered around 10 gundams all at once. All kinds... PG, RG, MGs from hobbylink to save on shipping, it worked out to be roughly 20-25 percent cheaper than retail stores. All I said when I saw the amount of gundams he had was "It's going to be a headache building all those for summer break." Long behold 2 months of summer has past, he hasn't gone outside for weeks and the only thing on his mind was to try to sell the unopened ones to me at a discounted price. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor W View Post
wow this thread is awesome, I love Gunpla..... I just recieved an order from hobbywave last week.

Can't wait to snap this together... I will be painting over the orange with the blue green metallic.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Vendor

Kraken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
GAME ON !! And that doesn't look like any Chinese knock off either !
Haha this ones legit. Bought it almost 6 years ago...just didnt get around to builsing it

Time to go get some paint and markers!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqlmao View Post
Ahhh, that's awesome! I remember my friend ordered around 10 gundams all at once. All kinds... PG, RG, MGs from hobbylink to save on shipping, it worked out to be roughly 20-25 percent cheaper than retail stores. All I said when I saw the amount of gundams he had was "It's going to be a headache building all those for summer break." Long behold 2 months of summer has past, he hasn't gone outside for weeks and the only thing on his mind was to try to sell the unopened ones to me at a discounted price. :P
Funny, that's exactly what I did! LOL. I ordered a dozen kits from hobbylink japan and actually ended up saving quite a bit of money. So far I'm averaging one Master Grade kit a month.. but partly I also help my son complete some of his kits (HG and RG). They are addictive and I can't see the addiction subsiding anytime soon. The other good thing about this hobby is that you can pause , take a break and restart anytime you want and nothing will die on you. LOL.

I think I mentioned previously that I built HG Gundam Wing kits back in the mid 90s. These newer master grade and real grade kits are something else though. Definitely brings the hobby to the next level.

The other aspect that I'm enjoying again is watching the shows. I decided to start watching all the Gundam shows from the start.

At the end of the day it's a great pastime for my son and I to enjoy together. He's 6 and can put together any HG or RG kit together by himself. I help him with the decals. He's even started to paint now. I love that he loves the hobby.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:18 PM

your son must be one happy camper, having access to so many gundams. I think this hobby beats the video games that the younger generation is exposed to. Nothing beats the joy of looking at a gundam you spent 3-4 days straight to complete.

Quote:
Funny, that's exactly what I did! LOL. I ordered a dozen kits from hobbylink japan and actually ended up saving quite a bit of money. So far I'm averaging one Master Grade kit a month.. but partly I also help my son complete some of his kits (HG and RG). They are addictive and I can't see the addiction subsiding anytime soon. The other good thing about this hobby is that you can pause , take a break and restart anytime you want and nothing will die on you. LOL.

I think I mentioned previously that I built HG Gundam Wing kits back in the mid 90s. These newer master grade and real grade kits are something else though. Definitely brings the hobby to the next level.

The other aspect that I'm enjoying again is watching the shows. I decided to start watching all the Gundam shows from the start.

At the end of the day it's a great pastime for my son and I to enjoy together. He's 6 and can put together any HG or RG kit together by himself. I help him with the decals. He's even started to paint now. I love that he loves the hobby.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Nothing beats the joy of looking at a gundam you spent 3-4 days straight to complete.
Spoken like a true addict

Don't let your wife read this or you'll be sleeping on the couch for a loooooong time.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:51 PM

Haha, good thing I am a single and live at home. The only thing my parents can't stand is the paint fumes when I bring in the pieces after painting outside. Funny story... I once decided it was a good idea to paint a whole gundam inside my room in the middle of winter with no ventilation. I had night terrors dreaming about suffocation for 2 nights, might of been the fumes.

P.S Everything thing in my room is geared towards steering girls away... car parts, fish tanks, and plastic models and what do they have in common? I spend more time with them than I will with any girl, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post

Don't let your wife read this or you'll be sleeping on the couch for a loooooong time.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
your son must be one happy camper, having access to so many gundams. I think this hobby beats the video games that the younger generation is exposed to. Nothing beats the joy of looking at a gundam you spent 3-4 days straight to complete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post

Indeed, it isn't a great hobby if you're trying to pick up chicks

My wife actually loves the hobby. It engages my son and he's building something, rather than sitting in front of the TV or playing video games like most of his friends these days.

My son pays for his own Gundams with money that he earns by doing chores, his homework, getting good grades on tests, etc. He's 6 and has learned the value of saving. He can buy a HG Gundam for $20 or save a bit more if he wants a Real Grade for $30.

My son building Gunpla :-)

Proud of his creation :-)