Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-02-2013, 12:18 AM

gqlmao is on a distinguished road

Some updates (Beware not gundams!)

Baby blue Tabling Acro:

Pink Acro Fiji Acro:

Deep Water Acro, actually not as blue as the picture, but lighting made it look like that:

Unknown Acro, its starting to color up!

Old 12-02-2013, 12:28 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqlmao View Post
Some updates (Beware not gundams!)
*yawn* ...

just kidding (sort of)! Nice stuff. Is that all new?
Old 12-02-2013, 01:26 AM

Did you have a chance to go see them gundams this weeked?

Nah, the majority was already in the tank, just never took pictures of them. Gotta save some substance for the thread or else it would be filled with gundams . The baby blue tabling acro is new though, its definitely a eye catcher hopefully I won't have any issues retaining the color. Hopefully one day I will be able to frag it, and spread the awesomeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
*yawn* ...

just kidding (sort of)! Nice stuff. Is that all new?
Old 12-02-2013, 04:28 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Nice SPS gq! That tabling acro is killer!

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 12-02-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Did you have a chance to go see them gundams this weeked?
um, maybe..

Actually, the shop in Dragon City Mall was closed I was kinda bummed about that. The shop behind DCM was open though and that guy was cool. Got to Gundam Geek out and he gave me a sweet discount. I found some easy Gundam Age-1s for my son to build as well as he has been interested in them since watching Pacific Rim a few weeks ago.

I've been out of Gundams for a while now (since getting married and starting a family) and all my old Gundams (mostly Gundam Wings) are boxed up somewhere. I've been trying to find that box to dust them off and put them back on display. I suspect that box is at my parents somewhere.

Ever since watching Pacific Rim I've been interested in getting back into building Gundams but thanks to you I am officially back at it now haha. Thanks a lot Stanely..

.. oh, and nice corals, keep up the good work, i guess. (obligatory tank related post).

P.S. Do you have any Perfect Grades? Maybe I should start a Gundam thread in the lounge ..
Old 12-02-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
hobbylink, hobbywave which are online sites.
Thanks.. i was surfing these sites all weekend which is where I discovered the Prefect Grades.. I've once again fallen down the slippery slope of Gundamss..
Old 12-02-2013, 05:45 PM

Oh my god what have I done! Pretty soon its going to be gundams over acros for you :P. I spy with my little eye a deathscythe hell MG in the sink Don't forget to get the primer,paints, top coat and inking and let the long nights begin.

I have a PG, its wing gundam. It took me over a week to build, with the newer PGS, especially strike freedom PG its even bigger and badder than ever with way more pieces. My friend collects gundams and hes most of the PGs even made. I don't like PGs, I like MGs since they are smaller, cheaper and take up less room and not to mention a lot more posable, there usually involves lots of joint modifications on PGs since they are so heavy.

http://www.dalong.net This guy has every gundam in his collection, this is where I go to see which ones I want since he will have new ones prior to release since hes sponsored.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Oh my god what have I done! Pretty soon its going to be gundams over acros for you :P. I spy with my little eye a deathscythe hell MG in the sink Don't forget to get the primer,paints, top coat and inking and let the long nights begin
haha ya, pretty much..

I have a Deathscythe in 1/144 HG and have always wanted a 1/100. I'll start with this to see how it goes. I doubt I will collect any PGs as I find them too big as well. I don't have the space for it at all. Or maybe just one PG down the road.. (that Astray Red Frame looks so bad ass). Mostly I'm interested in the MG of this modern age. All of mine are HG 1:144 with just a couple of HG 1:100. What they've done with the MG these days is just insane! And even the Real Grades look really good and still affordable. I'll probably end up with a few Real Grades as well before the year is out.

Acros? Is that a Gundam? Does it come in a MG ??
Old 12-02-2013, 05:55 PM

Also, I'm not sure where to put the build thread for my Gundams. Maybe convert my tank build thread into my Gundam build thread.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:05 AM

Well, I finally had some time to take some more pictures, I am slowly learning... there's still a lot of noise in the pictures. My hands can't hold them camera still when I am taking over head shots, the macro lens is too sensitive and tripods don't work when you need them to

Update -Still awaiting the new ATI lights, hopefully the corals will like it a lot better than the Radion, some corals aren't impressed at all...

Ice fire Echinata:

RR Blue Matrix:

Deep Water Acro:

Green Acro:

Captain Tenuis:

Bam Bams:

Rastas:

The male clown:

My very special little guy, multicolored angel He's the reason why some of my polyps are retracted when the lights are on. Very neat watching him peck around and casually swim about: