Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 10-03-2010, 09:58 PM

Greenmaster is on a distinguished road

He looks killer.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:16 AM

andestang is on a distinguished road

This is really looking good I really like the dark clown.

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:51 AM

Polscot is on a distinguished road

the two lights i had that were deemed "waterproof" in my refugium crapped out on me, one got corroded all inside and the other stopped working for no apparent reason, SO i took apart an old canopy and drilled the roof of the back hatch and attached in a part of the light, i siliconed all the electrical gaps and holes so it wont get wrecked, i took the pics when it had a 10k PC in it, but ive since changed the bulb to a halogen, i read that lower k rating is better for cheato growth? any info would be great

hard to see but theres a button on top to turn it on and off, although it will be staying on 24/7
Old 10-10-2010, 12:52 AM

im in the process fo catching Vader im going to move him into another 10g i have and im looking for a peacock for this big tank,
Old 10-15-2010, 12:14 AM

Ive read alot about coralline growth rates and such, most sites and most places told me that it takes a long time for it to start to burst, its been 1 month so far of set up and its starting to form on the glass and all over the rocks, its not much but for so little time considering i used dead bleached rock im very happy with the progress, purple up works magic

excuse the bubbles im fighting a cyno bacterial algae outbreak with chemi-clean right now so i have to airate the tank for 2 days,

and for the nay sayers i used chemi-clean on my other tank which had gotten out of control with cyno and its been clear for 3 months now and looks great...+10 for the stuff

Old 10-16-2010, 09:54 PM

i moved vader into my old 10g and picked up a gorgeous peacock today, hes about 3 inchs long and the thickness of my thumb heres a few pics of the acclimatization

why their called peacocks

in the tank exploring his new diggs

pictures cannot do him justice for his colors

Old 10-16-2010, 10:05 PM

WOW... just WOW!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:56 PM

gunna sepdn then next while making sure the tank is ready and all my zoos are in place cause once he gets 6"+ im not sticking my hand in there lol, kinda makes u want one hey green?
Old 10-17-2010, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polscot View Post
gunna sepdn then next while making sure the tank is ready and all my zoos are in place cause once he gets 6"+ im not sticking my hand in there lol, kinda makes u want one hey green?
Kinda?... they kill inverts and fish right... I almost want to make a 10-15g acrylic box and place it in the tank for one to live in.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:54 PM

if you get a smasher he wont touch fish ive got 3 clowns living with mine, i spot feed them every 3rd day, as long as u do that they wont kill n e thing, maybe take the odd hermit, but who cares bout them :P lol, if you get a spearer then ull start losing fish