Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-11-2011, 03:53 AM
bvlester

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus View Post
all my years i have never had any leaks and i pile it on that is the key and i dont use primer or rough it up and put it on ad turn it 3 times complete and tah daaaaaa its GTG
+1 on give it a turn that is the key right there. When you turn the fitting together it distributes the glue evenly and pushes out air bubbles. I do use primer as it does give a better bond, but it is not needed as our systems are generaly have low presure levels. Under 75psi it is not needed I believe; I should look it up again but a good idear to use it for the $4.95 it costs.... I get mine for about $2.

Bill
Old 11-11-2011, 03:57 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

same with me too i always just primed and twisted and once i twisted i just held it for about 10 sec untill the bond happens...no leaks after i twist i take a coth and wipe the excess cement around the fitting for some extra insurance and to make it look pretty
Old 11-16-2011, 03:14 AM

Hustler is on a distinguished road

Well..... after a ton of PVC changes.... like 10...... an acrylic repair and a ton of beer...... Im up and running Skimmer is rocking it, bio reactor, carbon and gfo (still empty) all run off the return pump and still crazy flow in the sump....
Im very happy it isnt retarded loud but still Im fine tuning for the next month... dont judge just yet im still going to clean it all up

Whew im tired.... cant wait to have more than happy bugger clowns in ther lol
Old 11-16-2011, 03:26 AM

Lampshade is on a distinguished road

That looks great, very nice build.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:08 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

The sump is operating now? I can't tell if that water is moving or not...looks like it's just sitting there. Have you checked how much it fills up if you flick all the switches off (simulated power outage)?

SPS fanatic.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:49 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't be surprised if it was moving, I run a dart full out through my 75 gallon sump and the water looks like it's standing still. I run a herbie drain and my skimmer doesn't produce micro bubble so there is very little air being introduced to the water stream to highlight movement.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:15 PM

I had to raise the water an inch over the baffles or I get a typhoon of bubbles running over the last baffle and my pump eats them right up and spits out micros like crazy.
I hope to come up with a way to muffle or cut down the flow to bubble ratio over the baffles and when i get the rock and sand in there im sure it will help alot too.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:07 AM

Quick update,
Still getting the skimmer going propper with the plumbing but the powerheads are beasts.... bio reactor seems to be holding its own and the corals are still growing like crazy
got some fish now too.... yay

Old 11-25-2011, 04:29 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Im liking the scape and the plumbing looks impressive too (no smart arse remarks from the peanut gallery)......thats a lot of bio-load in ten days.....hence the "Hustle-r" user name huh?
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 11-25-2011, 04:47 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

So glad to see you using the Bashsea stuff. I met the guys from there down at MACNA and their stuff really had me thinking on going that route. I know people have given you a hard time about the bio-reactor but from talking to Bashsea and looking at some of the data they had, it appears that the design of their reactor and media keeps the long term nitrate factory issues that bioballs have had in the past from occurring.

So where did you order it from? They don't have any Canadian distributors to my knowledge.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.