Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

Old 10-24-2008, 01:05 AM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Yay! Isn't this fun?

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 10-24-2008, 01:28 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
^^ So am I suppose to ignore another contestant when they come to me with a complaint/speculation? I feel it was fair to ask for a quick photo to find out. There shouldn't have been any harm in that. (Obviously there was).

And I do admit, it is hard to tell, and as sphelps told me in PM that pic still isn't accurate as the frag is farther back. But at least the pic gives an idea. That's all.

BTW, this is my last post regarding this mess.
Yes you should have ignored it and said the contest is based on the honor system and it's hard to tell size from a picture. A quick photo? Not really, I have to break out my big camera, install the right lens, track down my measuring tape, line it up with the tank so it sits still for a picture, take the picture, copy the file from the memory card to a computer, upload it and post it. PITA! and for what?

When the issue came up I corrected the budget for the one coral that was a little on the large size. After that you still insisted on a picture which I posted despite how outrageous I thought the request was. It's funny how now your mood has changed. I hope this is your last post on such a stupid matter and I don't ever want a PM from you which threatens to kick me out of this contest when I've followed all the rules.

Last edited by sphelps; 10-24-2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:37 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

You had to know that this would go downhill, didn't you?
Old 10-24-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyB View Post
Well I don't really think anything went downhill. I think lessons were learned and at least now I think the whole honor system will hold true.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:31 PM

cdhollan is on a distinguished road

Ha ha this JDigital needs to lighten up, I thought you guys said this was for fun. Think he is scared of getting his butt kicked the set up looks pretty cool and very creative design.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:46 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhollan View Post
Think he is scared of getting his butt kicked.
LMAO...

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 10-25-2008, 06:21 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyB View Post
I love going down hill... way easier then pedaling up.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:13 PM

So I thought I'd share some info on my pump choice.

It's a DC pump similar to a Tunze and comes with a controller. The controller has three adjustments but is quite limited. Basically three nobs control the time limit the pump is run at "small" power, "medium" power and "high" power. The pump works very well and runs absolutely silent and doesn't seem to generate any significant heat. The only problem is that on the high setting it will destroy my tank so I had to modify the controller so the high setting does not turn on, normally you can only adjust it so it turns on for 2 seconds (you can't actually turn it off). The pump does generate a lot of flow and for the price it's a good deal. The only down side is the size as it's quite large. I had to cut shroud basically right down to the impeller to make it fit.

I plan on making a new controller for the pump similar to that of a tunze single controller, I want two adjustable power settings with a adjustable pulsing time.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:52 PM

AndyL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AndyL

If you want a spare (non functional) resun 1500 for parts, let me know... I should still have one in a box packed away around here somewheres... Hopefully you have better luck with these pumps than I did.
By reading, replying to, commenting about, or in any way accessing the material in this post; including but not limited to storing in a database, retrieving from a database, viewing in a web browser, including it in or making a reference to it in a legal document, or accidentally glancing at it you agree to send me $100.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
If you want a spare (non functional) resun 1500 for parts, let me know... I should still have one in a box packed away around here somewheres... Hopefully you have better luck with these pumps than I did.
What happened to yours? I read a few people having some issues with the controller but no problems with the actual pump. Hopefully mine will work for at least 6 months, I wanted to use a tunze 6055 with controller but that would have used the entire budget on it's own