Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 10-19-2007, 01:30 AM

Todd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
I will look over my wiring again tommorow, if I cannot find a problem with it I will post a photo, perhaps you can see what I am missing. I do have a feeling that there is a problem with one of my bulbs though, maybe I will try with a different one tommorow before I pull it apart to check the wiring.
Replaced the end caps that I was using. Everything seems to be working allright now. It seems that I had a bad jumper cable or something like that.

Now that my lights are working I can get some of the other features figured out!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:40 AM

Matthias Gross is on a distinguished road

Reefer Bob,

i think this is one of the first powerbars and may have the problem with the high currents at 120V. In this case contact Proline directly, i am sure they will help you. We will replace powerbars of the first generation which are making trouble.
Or is this a powerbar with the "inrush current limiters"? If yes - try to switch your heater with one of the protected sockets.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:37 PM

support@proline is on a distinguished road

Rob
As far as warranty ,all our dealers service their clients @ the store on the spot ,the faulty items are sent to us & they receive a credit ,unlike many other wholesalers they do not need to apply for an RMA# before giving you an answer.So the decision is theirs & we will support them to do so.
I believe they simply were not aware of the old bar situation .
appreciate it if you can email us a copy of your invoice & return the faulty bar back to the shop for a replacement
Regards
Shane
Proline Aquatics
Old 10-19-2007, 08:22 PM

Reefer Rob is on a distinguished road

Hmmm.... J&L is saying this was Jason's call.

The latest version of the digital power bar works fantastic, and what I've been trying to do since my bar stuck on is get my regular bar upgraded to the same standard.

I'm sure you can understand that my system is completely controlled by the Profilux, so sending in one of my power bars and waiting for a replacement would be difficult.

Since adding the Profilux dosing pump (works great by the way) I have freed up enough sockets so each heater is now plugged into it's own socket, so the problem has not yet repeated itself.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:56 PM

Hi All,

new firmware (beta!) & ProfiLuxControl is available.

- descriptions & comments can be assigned (e.g. to a socket or a 1-10V-interface)
- support for upgrade to Plus II eXtended
- Digital powerbars and dosing pump stations can be programmed with ProfiLuxControl
- new dialog for timer settings
- support for all new ProfiLux models

The firmware for ProfiLux is a beta-version at this moment. This means that there could be bugs (until now i couldn't find one).

ProfiLuxControl is a release version.

Here are the links:
http://www.ghl-kl.de/Produkte/Aquari...olII_V3050.exe
http://www.ghl-kl.de/Produkte/Aquari...LuxII_V305.zip
Old 10-27-2007, 04:55 AM

Siiri is on a distinguished road

Hi

I'm new to the Profilux as they have just made it down to Australia. I was just wondering if it is possible to connect ATI Powermodule T5 light fittings that already have dimmable ballasts to the Profilux and make full use of their dimming functionality via the Profilux ? If so, what other hardware do I require and what work is required to hook it all up ?

Thanks...

Siiri
Old 10-27-2007, 12:34 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Hi

I will find out for you no problems, if it is compatible, then you would only need the external interface card, for 240V (Aussie voltage) there are three types.

1. this is just an interface card and requires you to have the lights on a timer as it does not switch the 1-10V completely off at 0V

2. A very handy interface that plugs into any shuko style socket that incorporates the 0V switching as well as the 1-10V interface

3. the EVG card that does it all and also can control two ballasts at one time, this is a PCB module that will require safe mounting.

Either myself or matthias directly will give you an answer if your lighting is compatible

Coming from the Uk I just have to add SHAME ABOUT THE RUGBY MATE - TWICE IN 4 YEARS!!!!!!

Regards
Michael
Old 10-27-2007, 01:34 PM

Siiri is on a distinguished road

Hi Michael

Any info is greatly appreciated as my Profilux supplier is new to it himself. He is working hard to find out this type of info for me but when I came across this forum I was hoping you guys could help me a little faster.

Quote:
SHAME ABOUT THE RUGBY MATE - TWICE IN 4 YEARS!!!
Sorry...I'm of the fairer sex...not interested in Rugby...
but I know my husband isn't a great fan of one Jonny Wilkinson

Regards

Siiri
Old 11-09-2007, 03:38 AM

Reefer Rob is on a distinguished road

Question about the dosing pump setup.

The instructions say:

"If more than one dosing pump is used Profilux tries to avoid to avoid that the pumps a activated in parallel"

If I dose sodium carbonate 10 times a day and calcium chloride 5 time a day, will the dosing times be spaced as far apart as possible, or could they happen one after the other, with no interval in between?

Rob
Old 11-09-2007, 08:38 AM

Hi,

ProfiLux avoids to dose at the same time but it can't be guaranteed that the intervals between all dosing activities are exactly the same.
But i don't think that this is a major issue.