Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-28-2012, 03:55 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Ya, for my tank I'll try three, see how it looks. The MH setup is all contained in the canopy, so I can simply put it back while saving for a fourth unit, then try again
Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Your gonna need 4. Biggest mistake I see is people not getting enough of them. Once your corals are used to them, which in my case has taken since Sept you can crank them up to 100%. You just have to be patient as you run in to problems with bleaching and brownout. Since ive started to get closer to the 100% mark i've seen better growth and color. I've copied a lighting schedule off of a member on that other site and it's turned out great.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:33 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Ya, for my tank I'll try three, see how it looks. The MH setup is all contained in the canopy, so I can simply put it back while saving for a fourth unit, then try again
which ones are you looking at?
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:53 AM

Duker is on a distinguished road

Great thread Brad, really helpful. So many people are where u are, thinking about it, questioning it, wanting them LED's I'll keep following. :0)

75 gallon in-wall SPS dominant and some sweet zoas, attached 30 gallon refugium/seahorse tank, attached 15 gallon mangroves/bad boy tank/pod factory, 40 gallon sump.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Your gonna need 4. Biggest mistake I see is people not getting enough of them. Once your corals are used to them, which in my case has taken since Sept you can crank them up to 100%. You just have to be patient as you run in to problems with bleaching and brownout. Since ive started to get closer to the 100% mark i've seen better growth and color. I've copied a lighting schedule off of a member on that other site and it's turned out great.
Your the first person i've heard running LED's at 100%. A year of getting ur Corals used to it. Wow, but hey ya can't rush it. Feel like sharing ur lighting schedule?? And do u lightning storm ever? And, what led's r u using....cool white, royal blue, blue, uv, red, green? And its the Aqua Illumination Sol? Thanks.

75 gallon in-wall SPS dominant and some sweet zoas, attached 30 gallon refugium/seahorse tank, attached 15 gallon mangroves/bad boy tank/pod factory, 40 gallon sump.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:00 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
which ones are you looking at?

The AI SOL blues...
Old 04-28-2012, 05:01 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duker View Post
Your the first person i've heard running LED's at 100%.
A couple are, I think Rich said he was on his setup.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:03 AM

Oh yeah, I wonder how long it took him to get them to 100%. Do u recall?

Old 04-28-2012, 05:08 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duker View Post
Oh yeah, I wonder how long it took him to get them to 100%. Do u recall?
No, but he did mention that the frags he got from me were under full lighting within a couple of days, so that tells me that my corals could take full lighting after the same amount of time.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:49 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Hey Brad, I am sure on deeper tanks like yours and Rich's running the AI at 100% isn't going to be a problem but to be safe start them off low like 60% and watch how the corals react over a 2 week period, mostlikely they can handle more but I bleached montis and some Lps when I had mine turned up to 70% on a 18" high tank. Most of my sps are higher up in my tank aswell...

Depending on the mounting height of the AI your sps could definitely take the light although led is abit different than metal halides as most users will tell you....

When are you ordering the lights up?

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips