Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 05:10 PM

blaster is on a distinguished road

Funny i always expected offers after agreements had been made,not that it made me happy.Hoping though when i set up a new tank in the future some of my generousity is returned.Not holding my breath though.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:19 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Fork View Post
An experience like yours though is a great example of how a buyer/seller rating system would benefit forum members. I do understand the reluctance to provide a place for us to publicly trash each other though.
This would be very tough to referee and I don't think you would find anyone willing to do it, would become a giant SH*t show. The only way it "might " work is if it was set up like Grizz says in an Ebay form with a bit of a twist.

People list items for sale in a designated forum and if the sale is complete the buyer will be able to select one option only, that would be a "postive transaction". The seller would have all completed transaction attached to their profile and all potential buyers could view the history and see how many "positive tranactions" a seller has. It would still list the transactions that weren't positive but there would be no trash talk. So you would look and say okay total of ten transacations 7 people left "postive transaction" checks and three never. You would assume three people weren't happy. It would unsure that a seller lists his item as accurately as possible and I think most people being decent humans they would leave positive if they were the buyer..
Old 08-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster View Post
Hoping though when i set up a new tank in the future some of my generousity is returned.Not holding my breath though.
Well, to the benefit of the great members we have here, I was in this position once and I had many people contribute free frags, to the point I filled my tank. In fact, my current tank, out of almost 100 corals, 80 of them were free. All my donations to others, in the form of frags or gear, has come back to me many times over.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:15 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I have four tanks in my garage that I was going to give away, but after selling a couple of other things in the past i just can't be bothered. Because they are free I'm sure people would ask for everything else for free.
I could help you with tank removal from you garage hassle free without wanting anything else.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 08-09-2011, 06:41 PM

blaster is on a distinguished road

Thats a positive story for sure brad.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:11 PM

Ken is on a distinguished road

Hi, many years ago a fellow member offer to sell off some sps because he was moving to the mainland, these sps were huge specimen probably about 10 or 12 pieces in great healthy condition. I asked him how much does he want for them all, he said it really doesnot matter, he just wanted a good home for them, taken that this guy really took care of his livestock he knew what he was doing. He asked me for $75 for everything.....I said you got to be kidding these sps are worth alot one colony a lone is worth that, he said he knew the going price for them and they are worth a lot more. I said no way am I'm going to give you $75 for all that, I said considering that you took great care of them and I'm always looking for a great deal just like the next guy, its only fair that I paid him $300 for them. He was quite happy and I still think I got a great deal. When I buy things, I like to pay people for what they ask.......if I don't like the price I don't waste their time or mine, and expect people to do the same for me. Regards Ken
Old 08-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I think the root of the problem is a lot of people are simply insane. Seriously!

I remember selling some new, in boxes bar stools on usedvictoria, a woman sends me an email asking if I'll bring one of them to her house and assemble it so she can see if it looks good with her decor. Really? I replied that I would if she was providing dinner. No response. I don't think some of these people can help it, they were born with a crazy gene...
Old 08-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

My wife is always selling kids toys on kijiji. Anyways this guy shows up and he had agreed to pay $40 for something. He apologizes but he only brought $30 and he *did* have to drive all the way from the NW to the SE. So she reluctantly agrees just to move the crap (sorry kids) and he then asks if she has anything ELSE for cheap!

I was not there otherwise buddy would have been making the long drive home empty-handed!

People are pretty unreliable sometimes and I don't currently have time to sell frags when something breaks off or needs to be removed. When I have a frag tank setup at least I'll have space to house the frags until I find them a home. Currently I've just been tossing them away as it's far less hassle.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:18 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
My wife is always selling kids toys on kijiji. Anyways this guy shows up and he had agreed to pay $40 for something. He apologizes but he only brought $30 and he *did* have to drive all the way from the NW to the SE. So she reluctantly agrees just to move the crap (sorry kids) and he then asks if she has anything ELSE for cheap!

I was not there otherwise buddy would have been making the long drive home empty-handed!
bet you he had the $40.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:24 PM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I think the root of the problem is a lot of people are simply insane. Seriously!

I remember selling some new, in boxes bar stools on usedvictoria, a woman sends me an email asking if I'll bring one of them to her house and assemble it so she can see if it looks good with her decor. Really? I replied that I would if she was providing dinner. No response. I don't think some of these people can help it, they were born with a crazy gene...
Or the stupid gene.....