Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals

Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Completely understandable, hope everything comes back to it's full potential very excited to see these!
Old 10-30-2010, 04:53 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

So what's the scoop on our orders?
Old 10-30-2010, 07:39 AM

randallino is on a distinguished road

Time for a road trip out to the burbs......
Old 10-30-2010, 02:55 PM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road

You have PM. West Jet or Fedex?

Thanks

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
So what's the scoop on our orders?
Old 10-30-2010, 06:09 PM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Wow....Just read the whole thread and as an outsider I have to wonder why a simple question is asked and no answer is given. Are these frags coming from ORA/Tyree directly or indirectly.

Since the answer was never recieved it does make me believe something is being hidden?

For avid SPS collectors the orgin of the coral is important to ensure you are getting what is advertised. If someone told me they wanted to sell me a superman monti the first thing I will natural ask is if it is the real tyree superman. IF they dont know or say it came in as a recent aquacultured then I will pass because I know that all superman look a likes are not as nice and do not hold colour like the orginal and real tyree superman.

So....if I can get an answer that these are not look a likes and can be traced back to oringal sources ie.ORA/Tyree I will be much more enclined to purchase.

Last edited by reefermadness; 10-30-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:22 PM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
Wow....Just read the whole thread and as an outsider I have to wonder why a simple question is asked and no answer is given. Are these frags coming from ORA/Tyree directly or indirectly.

Since the answer was never recieved it does make me believe something is being hidden?

For avid SPS collectors the orgin of the coral is important to ensure you are getting what is advertised. If someone told me they wanted to sell me a superman monti the first thing I will natural ask is if it is the real tyree superman. IF they dont know or say it came in as a recent aquacultured then I will pass because I know that all superman look a likes are not as nice and do not hold colour like the orginal and real tyree superman.

So....if I can get an answer that these are not look a likes and can be traced back to oringal sources ie.ORA/Tyree I will be much more enclined to purchase.

Seriously? Give it a rest.... When does anyone know that the Coral they are buying is from the original Coral lineage that first came into North America years ago and then named by the hobbyist that was lucky enough to get the first one...?

Where does anyone find Corals that come with pedigree certificates or documents of DNA lineage? Proof is in the Coral and how it looks... A vendors track record speaks for itself, I am sure it would be obvious by now if OC was pawning off regular everyday aqua cultured Corals...

If you don't like the price or you are paranoid that it isn't the "real deal" then don't buy and leave more Corals available for those that already know they are getting amazing hard to find frags....

Next...
Old 10-30-2010, 07:44 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

The ORA Red Planet I purchased from Laurier which was purchased from Oceanic came with the original black plug (Direct from ORA). You are debating over the most ridiculous point, if you don't like the coral don't buy it end of story.

This whole pedigree thing is absurd, at the end of the day it's all taken from the ocean regardless of who the distributor is... Why are you people constantly attacking the person who is promoting AQUACULTURED CORAL??? Geez a company tries to bring in a high demand product and every single person has to rip them apart for the details.

Leave it alone, we know it's legal (This has been proven to us) and again if you don't like it don't buy it...
Old 10-30-2010, 09:18 PM

Sorry guys.....but I did not read anyone say they are the real thing (coming from Tyree/ORA direct or otherwise). That was my issue. It is a simple yes or no. What is the problem?

Maybe I just dont know the back story here. Really I'm glad people can get these corals....but to tell you the truth I'm naturally curious on how and if it is legal. If this has already been proven I dont know about it so please point me in the right direction or explain?

Im not trying to be negative...like I said Im glad these corals can be brought in. I would just like to know how it is done.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
Seriously? Give it a rest.... When does anyone know that the Coral they are buying is from the original Coral lineage that first came into North America years ago and then named by the hobbyist that was lucky enough to get the first one...?

Where does anyone find Corals that come with pedigree certificates or documents of DNA lineage? Proof is in the Coral and how it looks... A vendors track record speaks for itself, I am sure it would be obvious by now if OC was pawning off regular everyday aqua cultured Corals...

If you don't like the price or you are paranoid that it isn't the "real deal" then don't buy and leave more Corals available for those that already know they are getting amazing hard to find frags....

Next...
Sorry but besides the appearance of the coral I have to trust what a person tells me. If a person doesnt know and lies to me and tells me they are then that person is not very honest. See how this works...pretty simple.

Are these frags coming from Tyree/ORA direct or otherwise?

You know there are look a likes that people pawn off as the real thing all the time...that is why its important. Just look at knock of clothes, electronics etc. People pay more for the real thing so that is why I ask.

I really dont see what the big deal is here. I just asked a few questions....
Old 10-30-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
This whole pedigree thing is absurd, at the end of the day it's all taken from the ocean regardless of who the distributor
You are so wrong. A coral strain is as important as a dogs pedgree to fanatics. It is important because these named corals are proven to grow, thrive and be colourful in many many different tanks. Wild and aquacultured corals is a much different story...some corals fresh from the reefs just to not hold colour and thrive in captive reef tanks.