Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-13-2010, 11:09 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
If anyone is looking to get into a budget 1080p projector should take a serious look at the Panasonic PT-AE4000

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Pana...PT-AE4000U.htm
is it availble in canada yet? the one I was going to get was the 3000, but it was 3400 bucks on sale. why would the 4000 be cheeper?

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:16 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Do you notice a difference between 7.1 and 5.1? I've been on 5.1 for I guess pushing 10 years now so I understand it's "old school" but then again I honestly don't know if I would notice a huge difference. I still get annoyed when I think someone's behind me knocking stuff over on a shelf or something, or the doorbell rings, and then I realize it's what I'm watching.
Then you don't want 7.1 HAHA I LOL, I love the "who's behind me" feeling

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 01-13-2010, 11:36 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
watch costco.. they had it for 140.00 going to go on friday and see if there are any left.

Steve
Sure the Harmony One? At Costco seen the 880 and 600 series (think 680) but never the One.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:01 AM

Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
is it availble in canada yet? the one I was going to get was the 3000, but it was 3400 bucks on sale. why would the 4000 be cheeper?

Steve
U.S. MSRP is $2,499. There are plenty of vendors shipping for as little at $1,999.00 U.S. I haven't checked to see if they are for sale in Canada yet. At the time of purchase I would have some U.S. friends ship it to me or have some relatives pick it up at the boarder for me if it wasn't available in Canada
Old 01-14-2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
Sure the Harmony One? At Costco seen the 880 and 600 series (think 680) but never the One.
ya I pointed it out to the wife befor christmas list but I got a PVR extender instead

looking back.. it may have been the 880. what is the differance between the two function wise?

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Last edited by StirCrazy; 01-14-2010 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
U.S. MSRP is $2,499. There are plenty of vendors shipping for as little at $1,999.00 U.S. I haven't checked to see if they are for sale in Canada yet. At the time of purchase I would have some U.S. friends ship it to me or have some relatives pick it up at the boarder for me if it wasn't available in Canada
I thought of that, but the warenty issues come to mind when it is bought in the US. some places will make you return it to the US for service. and last I checked there wasn't a canadian release of it yet.. so we might get a different model thats not quite as good as usual...

Steve

Old 01-14-2010, 03:02 AM

mark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ya I pointed it out to the wife befor christmas list but I got a PVR extender instead

looking back.. it may have been the 880. what is the differance between the two function wise?

Steve
overall function wise similar but the touch screen then the buttons may me go with the One
Old 01-14-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
overall function wise similar but the touch screen then the buttons may me go with the One

Is it comfortable to use everyday compared to your everyday standard remote? I like the fact I don't even have to look a the remote.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:37 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Will check the brand when I get home, it was $150 and worth every penny, I would not own a system without one now.

Installed in about 10 minutes. Simply plug in the connectors and then place the transmitters over the IR input sensor on the front of your device. Dave

Quote:
which one did you go with and how hard was the install? and would you buy it again?

Steve
Old 09-07-2010, 03:07 PM

I just pulled the trigger on buying a projector on Friday ( Why do I always order things online on Friday's and make myself suffer over the weekend waiting for it!)

I went with the Epson 8500, the Panasonic was a close second but the Epson won out in picture quality. I'm going to try and shoot for a 138" diaganol image, yup, that's 10' across I have some huge problems to over come though. I borrowed a projector for some testing and it HATES my fish tank, there's a too much light coming from it. What I might do is put another set of lights on it, run the MH during the day when I'm not home and run some much dimmer lighting in the evening when it's time to watch TV, then I can have the best of both worlds. I would hate to have to shut the tank down everytime I watched TV. The tank will go dark for movies though.