Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 09-21-2009, 02:52 AM

365seasons is on a distinguished road

yey! ponies! Your clowns are super cute as well.
Your new seahorses are gorgeous. I especially like Sunshine. Soooo beautiful.
How are they all adjusting?
Oh, and where'd you get the hitching posts??

Also, why'd you decide against the Tigertails?? Any specific reasoning? I love ours!

Saltwater 55gallon column seahorse tank

saltwater 65G mixed tank w/ 30G sump
Old 09-23-2009, 06:43 PM

sharuq1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks all! I could not resist these beautiful colorful ponies. They appear to be adjusting very well and so far have not changed color. The orange one went straight to the food dish--from the bag! I guess she knew what she was doing They aren't quite as personable as Suzy yet, but we are very happy with them.

The yellow hitch I found in Big Als and the orange is a Decoral "octopus coral" that a member on seahorse.org was nice enough to let me buy from them. The orange coral is their "home base" and they sleep there.

As to the Tigertails they were super cute but after reading about all the possible issues I might have with them (and mixing species) I decided to just go with the Kudas.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Nano Bubble Lover

soapy is on a distinguished road

Reefroids! I find it amazing that you got those baby clowns going on reefroids. Good work.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:21 PM

A few pics to share

Old 11-20-2009, 06:16 PM

Update: Big tank move coming up. (ugh) We are moving to an acreage--this may or may not mean disaster for us in the hobby as I do not know if the water there is even usable. (double ugh)

The seahorses have all decided to be a darker color as of late. I am attributing this to the fickle nature of seahorses in regards to being the colour YOU want them to be, my black tank background, some cyano presence in my tank and the dark color most of the rocks have taken on. Seems to range anywhere from a creamy yellowish white (usually this color when they "dance"), to greenish/"rock" colored to chocolatey dark brown with some neat silvery striping. It's too bad they didn't stay those stunning colors--but at least now I know they can be those colors. Sunshine appears to be pregnant and his belly grows by the day. He'll likely give birth some time this week or next week. I have been tossing around the idea of selling the SH's due to our move, but every time I contacted someone to sell them they could not take them at the time. I was not terribly put out as I really don't want to sell them at all. I've decided to risk doing the move with them. If all goes well I will keep them. If not then I will sell them. I really hope all goes well. I've wanted ponies for such a long time and to have to get rid of them so soon after getting them--well let's just say that would plain suck.

Last edited by sharuq1; 11-20-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Good luck with the move. Buy a 20 stage ro/di if need be. You can't leave us now!

As for those baby clowns...that is hella sweet! They're adorable good job.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:49 AM

Thx Lastlight

Re-update: Oh my freaking g... !! I cannot believe some people! We gave notice and signed a paper stating we'd be leaving our current place by the 27th (have it empty and cleaned that day) of this month. Everything was all set so we could move out to this acreage, it'd been planned for over 2 weeks already. Then I got a message today saying "Oh I decided to sell the place...so...uh...sorry". Now we have to leave our place with only 6 days to find a new one. I cannot even believe this is happening....I'm in shock.....

Sorry for the vent, I just really needed it.

Last edited by sharuq1; 05-09-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:02 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

That's a super low thing to do without ANY notice. Hoping for a positive ending to the story. These things are always complicated by the pets we've decided to keep as well.

I remember when I was maybe 14 and my family was moving in the freezing winter. I had all the cichlids from my 72 gallon in a rubbermaid in our van. The seller went a bit psycho on my parents and wouldn't give us the keys. Three hours in the van hoping my fish made it ok. They did!
Old 11-21-2009, 03:27 AM

cuz is on a distinguished road

that sucks!!definatelly a low blow!!
Old 11-21-2009, 01:49 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Oh man....that really sucks Kelly....I hope yous two find something....soon
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694