Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-11-2008, 10:11 PM

TJSlayer is on a distinguished road

Very Inspiring, looks awsome......
75G, 100 lbs LR, Inwatter Stingray LED's, 25 Gallon Sump, 24wt UV, hermits, Snails, pep, fire & cleaner shrimps, Blue Throat Trigger, Perc Clowns , Yellow Tang, Coral Beauty, Blue Regal tang, RBTA, Coral Banded Shrimp, Checkerboard Wrasse, Many Corals, Royal Tux Urchin
Old 11-11-2008, 11:32 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

Hi Leah this was a concern to me as well. However the house is set into the trees in the forset so not much sunlight gets in behind. Also when the tank stand gets clad in stone, we will clad the side of the tank where the overflows are to hide them completely. Another option on top of the stone on the back parts of the sides was to tint the windows, but again not much light get through those windows on each side. We are still renovating the house but there will be blinds on all the windows to filter most of the sunlight as well.

Good observations though and thanks for addressing them since it could have been a nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Hey,
I was just looking at your pictures and a thought occured to me about the windows on the sides of the tank. How much sun do you get from them? I know that in the summer
(Okanagan) I get quite the build up of algae on my tank. I never close my blinds. But in the winter it goes away. Looks really great, are you putting fish in?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:03 AM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

I forgot to answer if I am putting fish in... You betcha, its just not ready for them just yet. I already am compiling my list of fish and have to research how big they get and if they will all get along. I want a full reef tank eventually and am dying to get it going...