Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Q&A

Old 08-14-2012, 11:38 PM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

I would also contribute, and tried to last spring, but that's not going to fix this issue
Having members pay a little bit to be able to sell more would only turn away sponsors

All I'm looking for here is a little format simplicity
Old 08-15-2012, 12:22 AM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

I can't figure out what the purpose of this change is. I can understand adding new fields to a database record so that it becomes easily sortable but the prefix changes proposed here don't make any sense to me. Perhaps a list of Canadian cities would make more sense but I really don't understand what his goal is here
Old 08-15-2012, 12:51 AM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
I would also contribute, and tried to last spring, but that's not going to fix this issue
Having members pay a little bit to be able to sell more would only turn away sponsors

All I'm looking for here is a little format simplicity
But wouldn't that be the point. If it did turn away a few sponsors, hopefully the added contributions from the members would offset the loss so this site can remain open and fair. Now do we have enough members to even try this, I have no idea. This would best be left for canreef's board and accountant to budget expected surplus or loss with this proposed change. Maybe you could even lower the sponsor fee depending on the member contributions.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:00 AM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Its obvious to stifle members from chop shopping or buying corals for the sole purpose of selling. I can agree to that....

But if its been in your system for a long time and frags are grown by you.....fair game I say.

If this still doesnt sound fair I know other forums have implemented different levels of sponsorships so even the basement small time fragger can afford to sponsor. Most people who want to do just a little side business by buying and selling or buying, fragging and selling; just might not have the income to justify the cost....so they are stuck.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

All good points Darryl
Old 08-15-2012, 02:03 AM

What is wrong with chop shopping and how will the prefix prevent it?
Old 08-15-2012, 02:42 AM

cuz is on a distinguished road

I don't think it has much to do with hobbiests selling frags at all. It would have been brought up in the past if it was a problem with the paying vendors.
I do think it has to do with people that are running "mini businesses" out of their house. These in my opinion are the people who make a living by undercutting lfs's prices and end up putting them out of business and a paying sponsor/vendor should have every right to get upset.
Just my opinion but guys selling frags is not the issue..
Old 08-15-2012, 03:09 AM

Anytime a hobbyist propagates a coral for sell or trade that is better than buying from an LFS imho. The less we remove from the oceans the better.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:22 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
What is wrong with chop shopping and how will the prefix prevent it?
running a chop shop without sponsorship is taking away business from the vendors that pay to advertise frags.
Not real sure how prefixes will stop it tho
Old 08-15-2012, 03:53 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

If there's anybody who should be complaining about any of the rules of this site it should be only those who are actually paying for the site. No member at all should be complaining. I personally think the Random Thoughts thread is a total joke and just a source for those who like to post pad. My solution to that is to not read it. There is far too many members that think of themselves as moderators by jumping on people's posts and stating the rules of the site. ie: prices, location, how old a thread is and even grammar. Why don't you people let the mods do as they are appointed. Police the website. This site sure isn't like it used to be. Start sharing some knowledge about reefing. Some of you members want totally stupid amounts for your frags. Why not start trading instead of selling. Or better yet start giving frags and corals away if they get too big or you no longer like them. What goes around comes around. As I've been told on this site by several people "if you don't like it go away or don't read it". I don't like this or that and the website should do this or else. If your not paying for the site or a mod than you have no right stating rules or complaining. Until that time than keep your fingers off the keys and keep it related to what the sites actually supposed to be about.