Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:04 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal_stir View Post
"BUYER beware" is a COP OUT, "SELLER bedecent" is the way it should be.
In a perfect world but we need to face reality here by taking responsibility for our own mistakes instead of blaming everyone else for not being perfect.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:09 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

has anyone been able to verify that ther guy isnt dead or in hospital??

im on your side reefgirl i believe seller has a responsibility just as buyer does, just everytime i open this thread i cant help but think the ghuys prob in a coma somewhere lol sorry:P
Old 04-01-2012, 04:10 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

I like to think Canreef is a small enough community, that people wouldn't dare try to take advantage, as their rep and name would be quickly tarnished if they did. I think it is good that shady deals and people are exposed, as in this thread. That goes for businesses as well. The seller always has a chance to defend themselves, if they feel they are wrongly accused, and people then can make up their own mind.

And I like it, too, when some sellers are questioned about their prices even by those that aren't buying, although I know the mods don't like it. But it keeps everyone honest, and helps protect the newbies.

Having said that, buyers should take whatever precautions they can with questions and pics, or better yet, buy locally and see the items yourself.

I belong to a couple small aviation forum communities as well, where a lot of used stuff gets bought and sold. And the regulars all look after each other. Any unscrupulous people are run off pretty quickly if they try anything shady.

This should not be like Craigslist or Kijiji. JHMO.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:11 PM

Cal_stir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
In a perfect world but we need to face reality here by taking responsibility for our own mistakes instead of blaming everyone else for not being perfect.
Don't need perfect, just decent.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:13 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal_stir View Post
Don't need perfect, just decent.
Either way such expectations will lead to disappointment.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:21 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefOcean View Post
And this why you don't buy used equipment.

It is saltwater. Saltwater. Is the a less hospitable place on earth for plastic, metal and electronics?

I am always surprised on how much people fork out for used stuff on this board.

You never know what the person did with the equipment before buying it. You never know how much time is left before it blows.

Spending hundred on things like this or Mp40s that might have 3 minutes of life left is....not the best use of money.

Buyer beware, but what do you want him to do if he responds? give you a refund? It is the buyer's responsibility to get all the information before purchasing. If you requested pics of all the parts of the box this would have been avoided. Seriously,dust? before I sell my laptop or TV, I have to open it up and vacuum it? Just buy new and if you can't afford new, just do without it.

You have to be kidding. It appears he has sold livestock and LR recently. He is outside Calgary, he is hardly "hiding|. Check his recent posts. What is a "serious person" on a message board?

I find this thread slanderous and it should be removed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefOcean View Post
And BTW, this is clearly finger pointing. If it wasn't, you would have just recited your story and left out the link to his add. This clearly an attempt to run him off the board. This is not a buy/sell ad, please remove.

for real??

this has got to be prob the worst post ive ever heard on canreef, i disagree with it completely, sure must be nice to buy whatever you like whenever you like...." and this is why you dont buy used equipment" ......really???? really??? wow cant wait untill i have the pleasure of selling you something someday....your accountant must hate you:P

anyways have some respect for the girl who just got scammed, if you dont support here or think she is in the wrong then start your own thread and call it seller beware where you and all the reefconvicts can get together around the big evil table and talk about this weeks new scam and warning sellers of customers who may ACTAUALLY WANT WHAT THEY PAID FOR......

and why not try to run him off the board, let me ask you this mr reefocean, would you rather a board full of people who sell questionable products never post anything but sellables/buy or a board full of members who buy stuff based on honor and offer info, help, and friendly warnings of scams like mentioned...

you people are the reason we have locks on our doors.......

your post is 100% crap.......
Old 04-01-2012, 04:22 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by weyburnt View Post
I have to say I always worry when I sell something used that this is the day it stops working, and I'm going to look like a jackass.
Actually, I worry about that, too. I would rather refund the buyer if they are not happy with their purchase from me, as long as it is returned in the same condition as received. It is not worth arguing or bad feelings for the amounts we are dealing with here, even if the buyer is a jerk.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:28 PM

justincgdick is on a distinguished road

I always say to my buyers, if it's not working out for you bring it back for your money back. That way I can't hide anything.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
has anyone been able to verify that ther guy isnt dead or in hospital??

im on your side reefgirl i believe seller has a responsibility just as buyer does, just everytime i open this thread i cant help but think the ghuys prob in a coma somewhere lol sorry:P
Denny, for me, the fact that he edited his location and replaced his email address with a fake says he isn't interested in fixing the issue. He has been online during the period the buyer had been trying to get a resolution.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:35 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Denny, for me, the fact that he edited his location and replaced his email address with a fake says he isn't interested in fixing the issue. He has been online during the period the buyer had been trying to get a resolution.

awww thats just to bad for her i feel bad, it sure is a shame when sometimes all it takes is a call and an apologie

me and my boss were talking about an employee who had stole some tools last week .....and then just dissappeared......we were saying that being honorable doesnt have to mean full refund or resolve untill the buyer is happy but a simply communication and an apology goes along way.