Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-08-2010, 09:16 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

I think it is funny that they ban fast food.... but not cigarettes which are PROVEN to be a drain on the health care system. The fact that several Canadian provinces are suing BIG TOBACCO for compensation but refuse to make it illegal. Basically they are sending the message that McDonalds is worse than smoking.

No offense to smokers, but even smokers know the dangers. It becomes pro-choice.... good or bad.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:23 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

On a side note.... I strangely feel compelled to go for a Big Mac HAHHAHHA!

As for nagging on people for spelling mistakes.... focus on the thread.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:05 AM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyob View Post
I think it is funny that they ban fast food.... but not cigarettes which are PROVEN to be a drain on the health care system. The fact that several Canadian provinces are suing BIG TOBACCO for compensation but refuse to make it illegal. Basically they are sending the message that McDonalds is worse than smoking.

No offense to smokers, but even smokers know the dangers. It becomes pro-choice.... good or bad.
ya except tobacco is buried in tax. Food under $4 is only subject to 6 or 7 percent. I'm not trying to make an excuse for tabacco.....really I wouldn't mind if junk food had a separate tax. Infact my idea is to tax junk food and subsidize healthier choices and make it income neutral for the government. I think you would see a huge drop in obesity if this were to happen.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:14 AM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
ya except tobacco is buried in tax. Food under $4 is only subject to 6 or 7 percent. I'm not trying to make an excuse for tabacco.....really I wouldn't mind if junk food had a separate tax. Infact my idea is to tax junk food and subsidize healthier choices and make it income neutral for the government. I think you would see a huge drop in obesity if this were to happen.
That is the problem, tobacco or alchohol would never be illegal as there is way tooooo much moula for the government. Remember what we would pay for either is mostly tax. Imagine if they taxed fast food like they do with cigs or alchohol, I happy meal would be $15 bucks then.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 11-09-2010, 02:51 AM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaldesigns View Post
That is the problem, tobacco or alchohol would never be illegal as there is way tooooo much moula for the government. Remember what we would pay for either is mostly tax. Imagine if they taxed fast food like they do with cigs or alchohol, I happy meal would be $15 bucks then.
I would pay $15.00 for a happy meal if a whole chicken cost $4.00 any day!Considering it all comes down to taxes,

Quote:
A recent report from the RCMP says Canada's marijuana trade (nearly half of which is based in B.C.) is worth about $7.5 billion annually and is connected to weapons and explosives trafficking, cocaine smuggling and stock market fraud.-http://mostlywater.org
Pro's of legalization:
-$7.5 Billion taxed instead of smuggled out of the country.
-Countless lives saved from the elimination of drug violence and all the BS that goes along with it.
-Think of the burden off the court and police/ EMS systems, instead of having to deal with grow house's burning down they can be ready for us to have heart attacks from the McDonald's we eat .

If you get a chance watch the Union, very informative documentary.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:05 AM

TheMikey is on a distinguished road

This is ridiculous. A hamburger happy meal with a hamburger, apple clices and caramel dip with a chocolate milk is less than 400 kCal. It's all about moderation and making choices. McDonald's sandwiches really aren't that bad. It's the deep fried stuff like the fries and giant cola that makes McDonalds so bad.

Ever check out Boston Pizza's menu? Or have a Caesar salad from any restaurant?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:40 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMikey View Post
This is ridiculous. A hamburger happy meal with a hamburger, apple clices and caramel dip with a chocolate milk is less than 400 kCal. It's all about moderation and making choices. McDonald's sandwiches really aren't that bad. It's the deep fried stuff like the fries and giant cola that makes McDonalds so bad.

Ever check out Boston Pizza's menu? Or have a Caesar salad from any restaurant?
Exactly... That is what I stated in a previous post... Eating out in general is bad, doesn't matter what the food or restaurant is.... High in Fats, Salt and Calories.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 11-09-2010, 03:51 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Guys, I just can't believe it's not butter!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:17 PM

The Codfather is on a distinguished road

Getting back on topic, just so you know, 40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:16 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

AHHHH come on! One $2.49 meal (or what ever it is) compared to the whole menu? and it brings in 40% of the total profit....