Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 07-10-2010, 04:35 AM

Greenmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Ok that is one hardcore heatsink! Are you plumbing water into the copper piping to draw heat out?

Tagging along. Your daughter is hilarious btw. They don't speed the process up but it's a lot of fun to see them get into it.
Yes once I get my thermal compound I will be cutting the copper pipe to the proper size and attaching it to the aluminum plate. Plumbing water to run underground to dissipate the heat. The pump will be under the house so there will be no noise from the pump and best of all most of the time there will be no noisy fans blowing... (on hot days I may have a fan set up to help with cooling the tank... I may just install a solenoid to have the water cool off the sump.)
Old 07-10-2010, 04:35 AM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmaster View Post
You have your lights and most of your equipment (my LED's are at least 3-4 weeks away plus I have to wire them... I expect that to take 2 weeks)... your tank is on the stand (I still need to put some of my rock in first... finish my stand... Drill 2 more holes in my tank... convince 4 people that they want to help me slide my tank onto the stand and hope the jacks don't kick out)... I will have fish in September when are you planning on having your first fish?
My "lighting system" is only 5'x2' there are lots of pendents that are 6' or 8'.
Oh you misunderstood my thread! That is my planning list for my tank. I have none of that yet. I have a sump on hold for me though but the equipment is still on my want list But yah, my tank is on the stand though. I do want my tank running by August though at the latest with its first fish.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauder1986 View Post
Oh you misunderstood my thread! That is my planning list for my tank. I have none of that yet. I have a sump on hold for me though but the equipment is still on my want list But yah, my tank is on the stand though
LOL okay... but when do you "plan" on having fish?
Old 07-10-2010, 04:38 AM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol

By the end of august hopefully, probably sept like yourself.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
By the end of august hopefully, probably sept like yourself.
oh... okay then we are close to the same stage I just have a lot more work ahead of me
Old 07-10-2010, 04:43 AM

I would say so, I have this month to gather the bare neccesities to run my tank, sump, pump, skimmer, plumbing, rock, substrate, salt, RO water, and at least one MP40 and then I can start cycling it. I can bring the light into the picture by mid august and then by the end of august or begining of september, i can have fish!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
I would say so, I have this month to gather the bare neccesities to run my tank, sump, pump, skimmer, plumbing, rock, substrate, salt, RO water, and at least one MP40 and then I can start cycling it. I can bring the light into the picture by mid august and then by the end of august or begining of september, i can have fish!
Basically I'm waiting on a drill bit to arrive and that's at least 2 weeks away. Then I will be putting my tank on the stand and start setting up the plumbing (it will take at least one week to do, That's the start of august if I'm lucky... probably mid august)... I'll give the plumbing about 1 week to cure then I can start adding the rest of the rocks and sand (if I have to glue any rocks to hold them in place I'm looking at another week min to cure.) I'm hoping some time in September... maybe the end of September.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmaster View Post
Basically I'm waiting on a drill bit to arrive and that's at least 2 weeks away. Then I will be putting my tank on the stand and start setting up the plumbing (it will take at least one week to do, That's the start of august if I'm lucky... probably mid august)... I'll give the plumbing about 1 week to cure then I can start adding the rest of the rocks and sand (if I have to glue any rocks to hold them in place I'm looking at another week min to cure.) I'm hoping some time in September... maybe the end of September.
Oh the fun of waiting Eh? Its torture enough to see the tank just sitting there, taunting you to hurry up and put it to use
Old 07-10-2010, 04:01 PM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

be careful on "glueing" the rocks in place it makes for harder future aqua scaping. what some ppl do is drill holes in the rocks and ad plastic pegs to hold them in place then you can take them apart and move if need be in the future. i tried using frag putty to hold a few rocks in place as well and it doesnt seem to stick and just pops apart. most of my rocks are just carefully placed as to not cause a rock slide.

but since you are doing the waiting game set up a mock tank out of carboard or wood and pre plan your aquascape gives you time to get that litle bit of perfection without getting as wet

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 07-10-2010, 04:49 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Large plastic tie straps work well with small pieces and mixed with acrylic rods for bigger pieces just drill some holes it's how I kept my eel from toppling over his mountain lair when I had him