Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-01-2009, 02:23 AM

xtreme is on a distinguished road

Don't pay for the tank in full with cash. Mitch tends to 'disappear' when you do that. Pay AFTER the tank is been built.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:11 AM

mandarin man is on a distinguished road

Please do not go Bow Valley, you would regret it.
I know some one who got Mitch to build the 200gal tank. The husband almost got into a fight with Mitch. It was a nightmare for them. Mitch really screwed them big time.

There are many places that you can go here in Calgary.

Red Coral is highly recommended.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:17 AM

mandarin man is on a distinguished road

Forgot to mention, my brother's sump was built from Bow. Bow used a cheap piece of shower door. Mitch would not refund.

Things to note. Bow will quote a lcheaper than other places but it would hurt you in the end.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:47 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme View Post
Don't pay for the tank in full with cash. Mitch tends to 'disappear' when you do that. Pay AFTER the tank is been built.
Geez, you weren't kidding man! I called BVA today to get an update on my tank and to confront Mitch about some of the things that were discussed here. Well, they have not even started on my tank and now Mitch has flown the coop. Mitch had to abruptly leave town and will be away for a month. I asked when I could expect to have my tank done. "Well, we have a bunch of very large orders right now so I wouldn't expect it for at least two to three weeks maybe", she says. WTF?! Two to three weeks?? Maybe?? So, I decided to pull out. I asked for a refund which she was fine with and I will be taking my money elsewhere. My biggest concern is that now someone else has to take mine and Mitch's plans and interpret them as per my discussions with Mitch. That could potentially be disastrous without Mitch there. Also, I am no longer convinced that they even care about my order from the discussion I had with them.

So, the original poster asked who we would recommend to get our tanks built. Based on my recent experience I would NOT recommend BVA. I will be going with one of the other more expensive quotes that I received (vendor previously listed in this thread).

K.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

I spent hours waiting out in front of that shop for meetings i'd setup over the phone. He told me over the phone one time that his guy had cut himself badly at the shop and he was taking him into the ER. Guess he didn't know I'd been parked in front of the empty shop all morning.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Anyone else what to kick BVA while they're already down?? Yes it takes a while to get your one tank, the builds huge orders for retailers all over Canada, I would understand why your one tank isn't his top priority. It takes time to get a tank from him, so if you want it in a few weeks, best go somewhere else. But his construction and quality far exceeds the price tag, he sells tanks for less than I can get the glass for, considerably less.

And yes he goes into old houses and steals old shower doors for his tanks What other possible reason would the glass be etched.

Last edited by sphelps; 07-02-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:23 PM

parkinsn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Anyone else what to kick BVA while they're already down??
Ya i will!! I had a 120g built by him and BOTH the side panels were crooked.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinsn View Post
Ya i will!! I had a 120g built by him and BOTH the side panels were crooked.
So why did you buy a tank with crooked sides?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:17 PM

parkinsn is on a distinguished road

price was right, and once it was full your not looking at the glass your looking at whats in the glass. Its just my experience with the "construction and quality far exceeding the price tag"
Old 07-02-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinsn View Post
price was right, and once it was full your not looking at the glass your looking at whats in the glass. Its just my experience with the "construction and quality far exceeding the price tag"
Hilarious, obviously you thought it was good for the price so complaining seems pretty silly to me. FYI, a 120 gallon drilled runs for around $700 from concept here in Saskatoon.