Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-06-2001, 11:55 AM

Troy F is on a distinguished road
Default Where are the good fish stores?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
Quote:
Another personality example, my Yellow-tailed Blue Damsel, a saint! Doesn't bother anyone at all, except for a subtle reminder if a smaller fish comes too close to his little hideout. Even at feeding time he's completely civilized. And he was one of the first inhabitants of the tank. A stark contrast to the majority of Damsel personalities.
In a recent AFM Scott Michael mentioned that the yellow tailed damsel was one of the most docile. I'm glad to hear that you share this experience because I love these little guys.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
Quote:
Based on the sucess I've had thus far in the 6 months I've had my bubble-tip, I would state that lighting is important more so than feeding, but intense (read: MH) lighting is not an absolute as my BTA is doing well under only VHO lighting.
Based on the information I've gathered the BTA can be found fairly deep and are not nearly as light demanding as some of the other species. I'm just clarifying your point. VHO lighting really isn't too shabby either. My S. haddoni was under VHO in my 72gal. His health improved under MH though this is purely observational and did not stand the test of time.