Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 08-29-2002, 09:05 PM

stephane is on a distinguished road
Default Metal Halide Radium 400w 20k

I have a special tanks here to Jayson that have stop ting to get worst and asking people stop assuming ting when I was not there to defend my self.

Sorry to have flame you a bit in the past since I know now you are not only there for the $ but for the love of that hobby

My suspisious around LFS came from my long experience in that hobby I have and I see so much people get rip off by LFS that now I am alway a bit septical when they seem to good :D :D
Old 08-29-2002, 10:09 PM

Jayson is on a distinguished road

Thanks Stephane for the comments. I guess that now you are aware of the issues that a LFS has to deal with. This is why we have to charge alittle more money. We have to provide customer service and support in case anything goes wrong. Bulb warrenty is also something we have to deal with. I will be offering the bulbs at that price for one more month as I have another pallet coming in on friday. We are also expecting more of the ballasts next week so that we can make an excellent pakage price. I hope that you work everything out with your shipper and get your money back.
Old 08-30-2002, 08:51 PM

Dez is on a distinguished road

Jayson,

How much would shipping be to Edmonton for those 400W radiums? And is it insured shipping? Thanks,

Des
Old 08-30-2002, 10:06 PM

Jayson is on a distinguished road

Please contact me privately. Thanks
Old 09-07-2002, 04:23 AM
Administrator

titus has disabled reputation

Hello,

Okay. What a mess. I'm shaking my head as I read this thread. A number of things and I'm going to put it in point form only:

1) Stephane asked if it's okay for him to sell bulbs cheap (due to his business) on this board for the benefit of reefers and I gave him the okay.

2) Stephane then told me before he went away (I was away between end of June and end of August too) that he will be donating a bulb to a photo contest upon his return due to the proceeds he collected from the sell of the bulbs.

3) Stephane returned and we PMed a bit. Then he brought to my attention of this thread, which I must say I feel very very sorry for him while reading it.

4) It is frustrating and full of surprises when dealing with shipping companies. This applies to UPS or FedEx. They broke countless number of items. Regardless of how well packaged the goods are, they'll still find a way to break them. This is the case whether the product has Fragile stickers on them or not. If we have a chance to meet during a reef club meeting, you can ask me to tell you some redicoulos stories. And I mean it, approach me and ask. It's good that customers understand what some of us have to deal with from time to time.

5) I'd ask please in the future be a bit more considerate to others. Thanks to Jayson also for having to step in to moderate the thread, to prevent it from going too far, and people starting and beginning to make assumptions. Remember, the bulbs were offered at a much lowered price afterall. I'm not saying no or little profit equals no or bad service. I'm just saying hey let's give the guy a break and work things out.

Titus