Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 09-13-2010, 08:15 PM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
ALK is way too high!

aim for 7-8
Not really sure what to do here as I am not dosing anything. About the only thing I can try is to cut back on the Kalk and dose Calcium.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:17 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Cut back on the calcium reactor.

This is why I am such a fan of balling as you have exact control over each element. If one is too high you simply cut back the ML being dosed.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
Cut back on the calcium reactor.

This is why I am such a fan of balling as you have exact control over each element. If one is too high you simply cut back the ML being dosed.
I dont have a CA reactor.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:29 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Ok so cut back on your dosing
Old 09-21-2010, 02:52 AM

Default week 10 review

Its water change and dosing day, however due to Canada Posts incredibly inept service there wont be any dosing this week. I will dose as soon as it comes in.
Parameters this week are :
SG 1.025 ALK:11 MAG:1100 CAL:410 NIT:4 PHOS:0

I have'nt dosed anything all week in a effort to try to get my alk to come down but its kind of tough with using IO salt for WC. I have been dosing Mag all day and now have the Mag back up to 1350.
Color is definatly coming back in some of the corals that had recently faded and the new ones I have added all look good with good PE (horn coral) and the new clams seem to be doing fine. The corals that had their pollyps bail are now growing new corralite structures and have small pollyps. Sure makes for some interesting growth patterns.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:35 AM

Default Week 11 review

Ok so there has been a bit of a change up with the new formula Prodibio and the dosing amounts. I had recieved my next batch of suppliments and they are the new and improved formula. The dosing has changed from 1 ampoule of each additive per week to 3 ampoules/15 days as per the manufacturers directions. The tank looks pretty good and the corals are still looking slightly better each week and PE may finally be improving but i think this new dosage will push the tank over the hump that we have come up against with the nitrates.
So this week it was a WC and tests as usual with all the parameters the same as last week except the Alk which i am bringing down slowly through reduced Kalkwasser dosing. I am dosing 2 sets of suppliments this week to make up for the missed ones last week when I dosed 1 set instead of 3. Next week it will be the full 3 sets as per the Manufacturers directions of 1 set/50G.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:50 AM

Default week 12 update

10% WC and dosing of 3 full sets of Ampoules minus the reef booster.
Parameters this week CAL:430 ALK:9 MAG:1335 PHOS:.04 NIT:4
Not really sure whats up with the phos/nitrate readings being up other than while I was away my pellets partially plugged up and werent tumbling correctly and I wasnt able to do my tests before the fish were fed today. I will redo those 2 tests tomorrow morning before feeding time. After being away for a week and seeing the corals when I got home I really noticed some colour changes in some of them. A lot of the colours are getting richer and my pocilliopora looks fabulous. Still no great improvements in the pollyp dept. tho. They are there but still no extension to speak of.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:38 PM

Default week 13

WC day today. Nothing due to be dosed this week, but next week I am due for a full set.
Heres this weeks numbers:
Cal:450 Alk:8.5 (new Elos kit) Mag:1320 Nitrate:5 Phos:.05
Havnt really noticed anything new in the tank this week but colours are slowly improving still. I added a ton of new flow this week in the form of 2 Korilia Evo 14's on a wave program and the Seio 620 on the FrankenSwirler so we will see if that does anything. I had to do a couple of extra feedings this week because I added a couple of new fish and this probably caused the slight increase in Nit/Phos.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:50 PM

Default Update

I was due to finish my review of the Prodibio product however I was not happy with the results thus far. The results were there just nothing that made you kinda go wow or anything. I think most of the problem was the first half of the review was with the older formula and a reduced dosing and also not dosing any of the Reef Booster. It wasn't until i got the new improved formula and followed the recommended dosing for the final month that i was starting to see any great changes. My nitrate and phosphate numbers were still above 0 but i was starting to see definite changes and improvements in both the coral colors and PE. I managed to talk Michael from Aqua Digital into extending the tests for another month to see if the improvements would continue. I am going to be dosing the BioClean kit which is a stripped down version of the Reef kit as it only contains the Bioptim and BioDigest ampules. I will be adding to this the Reef Booster ampules that I had left over from the previous kits. I will update again in 2 weeks when it is time to dose again.
Tank parameters today were:
Cal-400 Alk-8 Mag-1200 Phos-.04 Nitrate-5
Old 11-04-2010, 08:03 PM

blacknife is on a distinguished road

I have been working through a reef kit as well and feel the results about the same. I want to continue with the digest and biotipim. i have not been using the reef booster the last few weeks as it seems to overload and clog out my skimmer for a day or two. not sure if the batch i have is new or old formula or even what the difference is i guess ill have to re-read your thread when i have time later.