Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Blue World Aquatic

Old 08-30-2011, 05:53 AM

noirsphynx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWorldAquatic View Post
Dawn, you can always come by before we get started, and take a look at the goodies, er frags.
I may just do that Ken

So does anyone have teaser pics they wanna share?
Old 08-30-2011, 05:57 AM
Vendor

BlueWorldAquatic is on a distinguished road

Got lots, just have to put them together.

I have Frags coming from 4 suppliers arriving in the next week. Estimating when everything gets in about 180-200 premium frags.

And No, the frags will not be picked and held by staff or friends. I am devising a way to "Lock Up" the frag tanks untill Sunday.

Ken

Store Location

Twitter

Facebook
Old 08-30-2011, 02:52 PM

ALang is on a distinguished road

What do you mean by "Lock UP"???
Don't I get to stand there wriggling with impatience while you unpack them anymore???
How am I to get first dibs on anything then??
On day of frag fest, maybe I'll just stick my poor hubby right in front of our table to handle the business end while I sneak into the store.

Oh, I think you'll need another cash till, and some of those ropes to direct people lining up to the till out the door so that people like me who desperately need to get into the store, can.

Last year, it was wall-to-wall people, you can't hardly move, let alone getting INTO the store. So many people walked outta there carrying stuff that I needed to get at, but I only got a few, in the end. So I'll need to "self-service" in the store as well, before people bag up what I wanted while I waited for Help!
Old 08-30-2011, 03:09 PM

H22_TURBO is on a distinguished road

we need PICS!!!!

come on, lets see them nice frags people
Old 08-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALang View Post
What do you mean by "Lock UP"???
Don't I get to stand there wriggling with impatience while you unpack them anymore???
How am I to get first dibs on anything then??
On day of frag fest, maybe I'll just stick my poor hubby right in front of our table to handle the business end while I sneak into the store.

Oh, I think you'll need another cash till, and some of those ropes to direct people lining up to the till out the door so that people like me who desperately need to get into the store, can.

Last year, it was wall-to-wall people, you can't hardly move, let alone getting INTO the store. So many people walked outta there carrying stuff that I needed to get at, but I only got a few, in the end. So I'll need to "self-service" in the store as well, before people bag up what I wanted while I waited for Help!
We should have adequate help this week, but just in case wear shot sleeves.

well pics will be up ASAP, I have devised a way to keep the frag tanks from being accessible, even by staff. Just want to make it fair for everyone.

Lenny, you got an old till we can borrow? heh

I was thinking of doing a "Dutch Auction" type of day. The frags will get cheaper as the day goes, but if you snooze you lose. I have seen literally frags plucked from the grasps of other customers last year.

If everything goes well, we should have about 4or more of each frag.

Also interested in any other input.

Ken - BWA

Store Location

Twitter

Facebook
Old 08-30-2011, 04:55 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Last years crowds

If I may make some sort of suggestion.

Last year I came down and bought nothing.

The turn out was amazing, but, everyone stood around talking IN the store. It was next to impossible to walk through the shop, let alone see what was in the tanks. The crowd in the store was so big, I just left. Empty handed.

The aisles are too small for crowds of chatters and shoppers.

Is there a way to perhaps set up some sort of lounge area outside? Or encourage those who have made purchases, or those who are not, to make their way out to a lounge area? It might help with an extra sale or two with those of us who have issues being packed like sardines.. no pun intended lol.

Just a thought.

Patrick

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Vendor

Patrick,

I know that was an issue. We are talking to the lounge next door to see if they will be open, if not we may try to get access to use their patio.

If not, I'll be hitting Lenny up for a few more tables, and chairs.

Ken

Store Location

Twitter

Facebook
Old 08-30-2011, 05:12 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWorldAquatic View Post
Patrick,

I know that was an issue. We are talking to the lounge next door to see if they will be open, if not we may try to get access to use their patio.

If not, I'll be hitting Lenny up for a few more tables, and chairs.

Ken
Great!

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:27 PM

ALang is on a distinguished road

Well, to be fair, we were milling about lots outside as well.
But things usually gets more interesting inside, as people were fighting (almost) over frags and fish! People we haven't meet, and now we know, due to their name tags...

I don't have an extra till or you may use it, Ken.
As for the tables and chairs, they should be fine. Maybe you can pick up the Air Bounce for me, as well, as Tim's poor van will be stuffed with my stuff. Or we can drop it off, but then you don't have much room at the back, either.

Am very excited. Esp about all those frags hiding at the store that I cannot have access to!!!

I personally have lots to sell, in the forms of small equipments, maybe a Aqua Medic Kalk stirrer (if I don't hear from BlackVirus19 soon), some small tanks etc...More mushrooms, leathers, Xenias, LPS, lots of freshwater canister filters, air pumps...
Old 08-30-2011, 07:18 PM

Kevotron is on a distinguished road
Talking

So what time does this madness start ?? I have to work that day.. hoping I can be sneaky and be there in the AM to get my shopping done b4 work :P