Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 11-12-2011, 01:53 AM

tidal_waters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesalty View Post
Finally my hanging kit arrived yesterday and I got 2 of mine hung on my 120. I have to agree with you on the awesome look of the corals and fish! Also super low power usage compared to my Halide fixture. Definately keeping and going with the Radions and selling my Halide fixture and the AI fixture
Try turning on just your deep blues and slowly increase your reds till you get a "purplelish" color.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:59 AM

tidal_waters is on a distinguished road

One other thing that I have noticed and was wondering if its happening to anyone else, is the feed mode. If you have not done so already and you have some vortechs, try utilizing the feed mode option on the lights. My two MP40s go into feed mode when I press the keys on the radion's, but when I come out of feed mode(via radion), the MP40w light stays a constant white and increases in flow, but I have to manually exit the feed mode on the vortech unit to go back into the green constant flow setting
Old 11-12-2011, 03:18 AM
Banned

unclesalty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidal_waters View Post
One other thing that I have noticed and was wondering if its happening to anyone else, is the feed mode. If you have not done so already and you have some vortechs, try utilizing the feed mode option on the lights. My two MP40s go into feed mode when I press the keys on the radion's, but when I come out of feed mode(via radion), the MP40w light stays a constant white and increases in flow, but I have to manually exit the feed mode on the vortech unit to go back into the green constant flow setting
That seems kind of odd. I will have to try my feed mode tomorrow and see if my mp40's react the same way.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:26 AM

ultreef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Finally my hanging kit arrived yesterday and I got 2 of mine hung on my 120. I have to agree with you on the awesome look of the corals and fish! Also super low power usage compared to my Halide fixture. Definately keeping and going with the Radions and selling my Halide fixture and the AI fixture
Do you have picture of your tank with the radions? Is your 120g a 4x2? And what kind of corals do you keep?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:02 PM

tgrover is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Project Trading

Is anyone willing to share projects? They can be uploaded and or emailed. If anyone is interesed I could setup a dropbox account.. Thoughts??
Old 11-13-2011, 05:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultreef View Post
Do you have picture of your tank with the radions? Is your 120g a 4x2? And what kind of corals do you keep?
I will post pics in the next day or so. Yes it is a 4x2x2 120g and 2 Radions are perfect for it.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
That seems kind of odd. I will have to try my feed mode tomorrow and see if my mp40's react the same way.
I never did try the feed mode thing today. What I did notice tonight when the Radion was in night mode my pumps were both working but not pulsating. Both controllers are flashing white just like in feed mode. Are the mp's in a night mode? but I didn't think that feature was available yet. Anyone know?
Old 11-13-2011, 06:55 AM

mexxedm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Reef View Post
Soon to make a decision of whether to go with Radion or AI Sol Blues so I'm tagging along

By the way, any suggestions in how to hang these up to the ceiling with the wiring kit? Do I need two or three radion over a 4 ft long tank ( either 90 (48x18x24 or 120 gallon 48x24x24) and the same if I were to go AI Sols?
The height above the tank should be between 18 - 24 in. You need one Radion for every 24 in length. So You probably need two Radion for each tank.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:38 PM

tgrover is on a distinguished road

Maxedm Mine does the same thing. When you are using the Ecotech config software does it list your Vortech as a device?

Mine doesn't. I'd sure like to be able to control the powerhead...
Old 11-13-2011, 04:39 PM

cale262 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexxedm View Post
The height above the tank should be between 18 - 24 in....

Are you running yours that high, mine are sitting @ 8"s above water surface, spread is perfect without light spill.