Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2012, 10:06 PM

mandyplo is on a distinguished road
Default Guys I'm so discouraged, P***** Off, ready to give up

I've put so much money and time into this tank trying to rescue it from my boyfriends and turn it around... It was finally starting to clear up and look good and I'm right back to square one. I don't know what I'm doing wrong I don't know how to fix it I don't even know WHAT IS wrong... All my tests come back fine, I'm doing everything I'm supposed to, I have a sump now, I have 45 lbs live rock 20lbs Eco rock, I have a skimmer I use RO/DI water I do weekly 20% water changes, I have high quality salt I have high end expensive test kits I have a filter from brs that doesn't bleeping work! They are taking for ever to replace it my MasterCard is maxed out I'm a poor-a** university student, I can't buy a new better filter until I get a refund for this if BRS will even refund me... In the meantime I have a tetra HOB filter with carbon and gfo media bags until I can get a proper filter again, I put filter floss (that poly-fil quilt batting stuff, yes the hypoallergenic kind) in my sump today in two places where my water is forced to flow through it...

My tank is cloudy green and I cannot clear it up. It was clear for about a week and now it's gone to sh-- again. One of my corals died from RTN last night in sure from my water. I'm at a loss, I'm frustrated exhausted discouraged hysterical and have spent the whole time typing this while crying. I do not know what to do....

The time about a week ago when the tank finally went clear again was when I had my lights off for about a month... As soon as we turned the lights back on and lowered them over a weeks time is when this happened again.

Pardon my french and sorry for my poor language... I'm just so .... frustrated!!!

In need of some serious guidance here is my sad excuse of a reef tank:

Last edited by mandyplo; 12-17-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Tags
green cloudy filter