Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 11-26-2008, 02:18 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
What's your definition of an industry leader?

My definition? Bubble King would be the cadillac industry leader. EuroReef would be the "mainstream" industry leader. Although I would like to know how the Vertex compares to EuroReef as I think that may be a more realistic comparison.

SPS fanatic.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:22 AM

Rippin is on a distinguished road

I recently purchased the 180 (like 3 weeks ago) and haven't put it to the test as yet. I was drawn to this skimmer from what I've read in user's reviews AND the very reasonable price, BUT since I have purchased it they raised the price by another $75. That's a huge price increase (percentage-wise)! <thumbsdown>
Old 11-26-2008, 03:46 AM

Sir Fragalot is on a distinguished road
Angry

Very much like another euro reef knock off, made in china, tought id get one for my small tank.. pump died it in 3 days nice uint for the price though but i think the pump is junk.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:52 AM

whiteice669 is on a distinguished road

I have the 250 model waiting to be fired up, will let you know, was using a pm bullet2 before
aga 180g dual overflow 77g sump, mak 4 return, dart pump for closed loop 3 250w se 15,000k mh, 4 80w t5 250 vertex skimmer,3l vertex zeo reactor, marine tech cal reactor.regal,powder brown and yellow tangs, chromis eyelash blennie blue mandran, slowly filling with SPS
Old 11-26-2008, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Fragalot View Post
Very much like another euro reef knock off, made in china, tought id get one for my small tank.. pump died it in 3 days nice uint for the price though but i think the pump is junk.
Didn't they replace it on warranty?

SPS fanatic.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:04 AM

Keri is on a distinguished road

I'm actually really impressed with the nasty thick skimmate my 180 is pulling out of the 120 that only has fresh SW and 10lbs of LR in it!!
Old 11-26-2008, 05:36 AM

Aquatic Addictions is on a distinguished road

Well I can definitely say (and not only because we sell them ) That I am super impressed by the skimmers performance AND the pricing even with the increase.

I am sorry to hear of Sir Fragalots experience but we have had ours for three months now with no problems and I still love them. I just recently used the rest of our stock on in store tanks and brought in more to complete the rest of our SW systems.
These I would say would "compare" to Euro Reef however I feel they outdo even Euro reef mainstream and knock on H&S's door (performance not pricing lol) to some respect.

Just my 2 cents

Dan

Last edited by Aquatic Addictions; 11-26-2008 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Apparently can't spell today
Old 11-26-2008, 06:03 AM

str255 is on a distinguished road

I've been breaking in a Vertex 80 for the past week and had also subsequently picked up a used EuroReef RS80.

I'll post an update in a few weeks and let you know which works better in my tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
My definition? Bubble King would be the cadillac industry leader. EuroReef would be the "mainstream" industry leader. Although I would like to know how the Vertex compares to EuroReef as I think that may be a more realistic comparison.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by str255 View Post
I've been breaking in a Vertex 80 for the past week and had also subsequently picked up a used EuroReef RS80.

I'll post an update in a few weeks and let you know which works better in my tank

Awesome! You could just sell me the EuroReef though!

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:57 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I got my 100 last week, impressed witht he build quality, love the cup mount, why didn't anyone ever thing of this befor.. only need a 1/4" of clearance to remove the cup. has feature of a much higher end pump but a realistic price. I haven't firred it up yet, guess I should do the viniger break in but I am not in a hurry, I have two different skimmers, both home made one beckett and one venturie that I made custom with features to increace contact time, so that is what my assesment of this will be when I decide to get off my but and get my system running.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.

Tags
skimmer, vertex