Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-17-2013, 04:19 AM
91Atrac

Did some work to the stand today. Tank is running with .25 ammoniaand nitrates are 5 so did a 5g water change on the frag tank. Gotta feed less or something. Ugh problems. Oh well.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:44 AM

HaZRaTTy is on a distinguished road

Nice setup so far,

Take it for what this is worth but i'm slightly worried about your stand framing with just single 2x4's from what I can see.. 6 vertical with 3 tanks?

May be okay but I would hate to see disaster, just like a floor you wouldn't see anything short term of having the weight on all the tanks but long term you're going to have some bowing decreasing the structural integrity.

I think a vertical 2x4 weight capacity is somewhere near 500lbs?
Old 11-17-2013, 04:49 AM
91Atrac

I only have 2 tanks on that stand. 6verticlea and both tanks are 15 and 25g each. Nothing crazy.

Appreciate the concern tho. The corners are doubled as well.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:28 PM
91Atrac

Haven't updTed in awhile again. Here's some pics to update.

got me a sexy shrimp and then found out she was Prego. Went back and bought a male and a week or so later she was Prego again cuz the first batch she lost from the transfer of tanks and knew it was going to happen. Hope these survive!green toadstool under warm white and barely blue
Old 01-14-2014, 05:07 PM
91Atrac

Well guys I did it and now the name is no longer valid as a reef cave. I've moved the 10 and 15g into my 25g, removed the frag rack and sent my sps to a friends house until I setup my new 40g.

Sad but oh well. I much prefer the rock work setup I have now then what I previously had tho and can't wait to be ready for the new tank. Holes need to be driller and then plumbing. I have the lights to get me by.

Qbaby
Old 01-14-2014, 05:18 PM
91Atrac

Some pics of the before and now. Just a collage of them basically or mix up. Enjoy and leave feedback!

I'll be sporting the lightbox leds of course supported by Fragbox. Love them and when I'm happy with something I don't normally move from them. Always went to a local saltwater store but his bad attention to care towards customers, his sick coral still selling as healthy and bashing me behind my back with customers is not cool by any means so no more business from me there.

New shop I see is much more accommodating! Can't wait to see how well special orders do cuz my experience in the last shop was a no show EVERYTIME I asked.

Qbaby