Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 03-28-2009, 09:04 PM

richtg is on a distinguished road

Some beautiful specimens. Looks like a lot of work will be involved to keep them healthy (especially in the next few weeks/months).

I'd be doing heavy water changes weekly (like 50%) for a few weeks and feeding lots too (to help with the stress factor).

I understand your excitement in adding all those fish at once, but in my opinion, patience is the best tool a reefer can use.

Good luck, I hope things work out for your tank. Looks great!
90gal Starfire mixed reef, 400W MH (Giesemann 13K megachrome/Icecap E-ballast), (2) 54W T5 Giesemann true actinic, 45gal sump (65W 50/50 PC), ASM G-3 Skimmer, Mak 4 return, Sequence Dart closed loop, foam backdrop, 120 lbs LR, 2" sandbed, & 1 dillhole running the show.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:45 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300g View Post
As for the recommendation of pouring bleach into the tank and walk away-yep, plain nasty.
Yikes! Honestly I'm quite appalled by the fact that some one on here would say such a thing I'm glad that the mods removed that comment but I'm still shocked that it was made it the first place.

A lot of people have different ways of doing things in this hobby. Just because someones way is different then how you would do it (albeit right or wrong) doesn't mean you have to be nasty to that person.

I hope everything works out for you and your fish.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:48 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Nice tank; and your fish are incredible.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:03 PM

Keri is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posting pics, they are beautiful fish. Yeah, it seems like a lot to add all at once but if aggression would be an issue otherwise then I can see your reasoning for doing it this way. You're better than me at keeping up with water changes, that's for sure! Having kept fish for years I'm sure you know the risks, and I doubt anyone would risk killing all of those beautiful (and not cheap!) fish. The tank is very nice and clean, thanks for sharing the pics

And tisk tisk to the person who posted the bleach comment! How does that help the fish at all??
Old 03-28-2009, 11:33 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Any chance of getting equipment pictures? I would like to see the sump.

Last edited by GreenSpottedPuffer; 03-28-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

for the record i pointed out what the nasty acronym meant. I also commended the mods on a job well done and my posts were also removed. If my posts were removed simply because they related to the nasty posts it'd be nice if that was explained to me. I hate sifting through a thread only to find my input has been deleted.

Last edited by lastlight; 03-29-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:29 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
. If my posts were removed simply because they related to the nasty posts it'd be nice if that was explained to me. I hate sifting through a thread only to find my input has been deleted.
sorry, I don't have time to send notes to everyone to make sure feelings aren't hurt. Publicly posted comments are subject to review and removal, depending on their content or relationship to other questionable content. I did post that the thread was cleaned up, if your post is missing, it went with the cleaning.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:38 AM

So anything that made mention or replied to the comment about 'pouring bleach into the tank and walking away' was removed?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:41 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
So anything that made mention or replied to the comment about 'pouring bleach into the tank and walking away' was removed?

correct. It's now a nice happy thread about a new member posting about his tank. I see no point in tarnishing it with comments like pouring bleach in tanks.
To rant about the whole thread, madreefer has his own thread about it, the origianl thread is not the place.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
correct. It's now a nice happy thread about a new member posting about his tank. I see no point in tarnishing it with comments like pouring bleach in tanks.
To rant about the whole thread, madreefer has his own thread about it, the origianl thread is not the place.
Fair enough...makes sense.