Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I'm used to the 180, I used nothing ever for PO4 and always read 0ppm. I haven't been dosing, but may start again once get the big ass water change done, I want to dilute the PO4 in half anyway. I feed too much already, but probably need more fish
Old 03-08-2015, 07:43 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I'm used to the 180, I used nothing ever for PO4 and always read 0ppm. I haven't been dosing, but may start again once get the big ass water change done, I want to dilute the PO4 in half anyway. I feed too much already, but probably need more fish
It's a funny how it works sometimes but I think your tank will get there you just have to find the right combination of tools and numbers to work with , if nitrates are nil and phosphates are high you have an idea of where to start you just need to find out what will work best long term. If the systems animals are healthy and the system is healthy then you have time to slowly resolve it
Old 03-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

My PO4 was 0.04ppm before the 3 anthias died in the rocks, so I feel a couple 50% water changes will bring them back to where I can better manage them. Everything is fine in the tank, so no rush.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:56 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Anthias is something I've had the worst of luck with , between jumping and dropping dead overnight I just gave up , even the dispars I don't have much luck with. Love the colors and how they swim around but yeah no go
Old 03-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Just a guy..

Ya, no more for me either.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:15 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ya, no more for me either.
Those were going to be the next additions to my tank. Can you recommend something instead?
Old 03-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
Those were going to be the next additions to my tank. Can you recommend something instead?
Lots of people have luck with them, so don't just give up because i don't For, I'm getting a school of Vanderbilt Chromis, hopefully easier to keep.
However, Anthias do like room, and keeping more than one might end up with one anyway in a tank your size.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Just a guy..

Also, my bad luck is with Lyretails, maybe because they're easy? I had a school of Bartletts that did quite well for a year before I killed them.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:38 PM
Gold Member

Tn23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Also, my bad luck is with Lyretails, maybe because they're easy? I had a school of Bartletts that did quite well for a year before I killed them.
Brad I've also had horrible experiences with Anthias as well, The only Anthias I can keep alive is the Sunburst. Others just seem to slowly disappear, perhaps I am not feeding enough.....

Quick question, how much pozdown are you dosing and how are you dosing it? (ie, ato?) Thanks!
Old 03-08-2015, 09:46 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn23 View Post

Quick question, how much pozdown are you dosing and how are you dosing it? (ie, ato?) Thanks!
when I need it, I just add 1 drop per 10g into the overflow. Works well. If you were going to use it full time, Tim suggests adding to your top off water. I can't do that since my top off is directly plumbed into the house.