Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-21-2009, 04:57 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Yeah I meant I'd like to have 1 of the 3. Priority in this order: black cap, indigo, orchid I think. My orchid was always exploring tight crevasses and I loved watching him get into mischief.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:28 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Not a big fan of the shape of those fishes.

I'm going to get lynched but there isn't a single reef-safe wrasse I like. No I'm not running a fever =)
Im not really a fan of any reef safe wrasse either. The closest would be a Mystery Wrasse but they still eat shrimp sometimes. The last wrasse I had was a sixline and I got it because I had some nudi's for it to eat and then couldn't get the rat bastard out.

I had a Canary Wrasse in my big tank but I only got it because it had a deformed jaw.

Oh wait...I do have a favorite wrasse...Aussie Harlequin Tusk, really miss that guy. Mine ate all kinds of inverts though. So ya, I pretty much just like the non reef safe ones like the Pink face or banana.

Oh...lol...I also like the Pink Streaked Wrasse cause they have crazy eyes. Like they always wanna fight eyes or maybe they just look really dumb. I don't remember but I guess there's one reef safe wrasse I like. If they are even reef safe...

Last edited by GreenSpottedPuffer; 11-22-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Wow that was a serious brain dump thanks for sharing haha.

I won't be swayed. Though after sifting through that I don't think you were trying...or weren't lol. That pink sucker does indeed have some crazy nutty eyes.

So you go out of your way to get disabled fish? Just to save them from an early flush?
Old 11-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

My all time favorite fish was a yellow fang blenny I got from J&L.
I was told he was just on the scrawny side so they shipped him he was not scrawny he just had a slight kink in his tail fin. He was quickly named Kinky much to my daughter's horror. he he! No one else appreciates my humor least of all my daughter so thought you might...maybe more so now that your balls are gone
Old 11-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Gold Member

The moderators are seriously going to run us ballers out of here! In a vain attempt to save my own hide I'm going to pretend I don't appreciate that sort of humour.

Sorry
Old 11-22-2009, 04:38 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

That's a very ballsy thing to say about moderators.

Not trying to dissuade either you or Justin from your opinions: if you don't like a particular fish, you don't like them, and that's cool. But at the same time, since fairy wrasses happen to be one of MY favourite groups of fish, I feel a slight obligation to say a word in their defense. To me these are the true "reef safe wrasses" and although nary a reef goes by without a sixline in it at one point, I think comparing the fairy wrasse group to a sixline is about as fair as comparing a .. a .. I don't know. A Chevy to a Ford? A Chevy to a Nissan? Something like that. Sixlines are about as personable as an annoyed and hungry yellow jacket wasp. Fairy wrasses are pretty, with many bright colours, won't bother a thing in your tank. The downside being that they're skittish and jumpers so open top tanks are a complete no-no with them.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:47 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Ok Brett how about stop wasting bandwidth and get the pictures uploaded of the tank...
Old 11-22-2009, 04:51 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Wow that was a serious brain dump thanks for sharing haha.

I won't be swayed. Though after sifting through that I don't think you were trying...or weren't lol. That pink sucker does indeed have some crazy nutty eyes.

So you go out of your way to get disabled fish? Just to save them from an early flush?

No I wasn't trying to sway you at all. Just making a useless point really about how I agreed about not liking many reef safe wrasse.

I only get disabled fish if it makes them look cool. Like that Canary Wrasse had a messed up upper "lip" making it look like he had an underbite. Basically his lower jaw looked massive and protruded way out of his head lol. He looked like a gangster from a Dick Tracey movie

There was a Naso Tang with a flatten head at J&L once that I wanted but I already had a Naso at the time.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Gold Member

Tony I drive a Toyota so I still have no idea what you're talking about =) Haha. I think someone's impression of a fish changes if they see one in person. In photos these wrasseholes do nothing for me at all. Maybe If I see a nice one in a reef setting I'd change my mind.

Mike what protocol do I need to follow if there's no changes to photograph? I don't want to see you get all hot and bothered and go out and drop another 3k to make yourself feel better =)

And Justin's penchant for deformity is hilarious. The same fascination might explain why the ladeez like the lastlight.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:34 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

My favourite wrasse is the banana wrasse, but there us no way I am putting that guy in my reef. Instead I have a fairy, six line and leopard wrasse. They all get along with everyone in my reef.

You strike me as the type that might enjoy a leopard wrasse.. You know, to go with those pheasant balls.