Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > BC Interiors

Old 05-18-2012, 10:40 PM

Gizmoh is on a distinguished road

Move to Ontario and call me for Rogers . Lol, or just switch every 2 years for the best prices/free stuff. But I never said that.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:23 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriak View Post
I just can't get over the contract. I don't want a 3 year contract where after I sign up my customer service dissappears. I want a month to month contract where they know, if they screw up, I might leave.
With Shaw's "no contract" plan, I had to carefully check my bill every month because they kept making a mistake by adding another $5 or $10 charge for no reason and over less than a year, they somehow justified increasing my bill for basic cable (no HD), basic house phone and regular High speed to over $130 a month.

Since signing my Telus contract, my bill has never gone over a hundred and even with all my signup bonuses done after 2+ years on this contract, my bill last month was $78 and that's with far more services (ie. HD channels, faster High Speed internet) than with Shaw.

As I posted earlier, my final savings over the 3 years contract period will amount to over $2100 minimum. Enough to buy a new 60" HD LED Sharp Aquos including tax with my savings.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...d6da5798dben02

Since I'm very happy with my 46" Sony LCD, I used my savings to pay down my mortgage instead.

Anthony
Old 05-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmoh View Post
Move to Ontario and call me for Rogers . Lol, or just switch every 2 years for the best prices/free stuff. But I never said that.
I do have my iPhone on a Rodgers plan. Over a year in now and could not be happier. Excellent customer service, so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
With Shaw's "no contract" plan, I had to carefully check my bill every month because they kept making a mistake by adding another $5 or $10 charge for no reason and over less than a year, they somehow justified increasing my bill for basic cable (no HD), basic house phone and regular High speed to over $130 a month.

Since signing my Telus contract, my bill has never gone over a hundred and even with all my signup bonuses done after 2+ years on this contract, my bill last month was $78 and that's with far more services (ie. HD channels, faster High Speed internet) than with Shaw.

As I posted earlier, my final savings over the 3 years contract period will amount to over $2100 minimum. Enough to buy a new 60" HD LED Sharp Aquos including tax with my savings.
Thanks Anthony.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:48 AM

2pts is on a distinguished road

I switched to Telus 15 months ago. Telus was cheaper, though I got what I paid for.

Telus I liked that the one PVR worked in both the bedroom (via a cable box) and in the room the PVR was in. Shaw they were 2 seperate PVR's. Shaw's menu system was way better, clearer and easier to use. The PVR's with Shaw were nearly flawless, but nothing but troubles with the Telus cable box communicating with the Telus PVR, it loses connection all the time. Reepair guys have come and gone twice, although nice, same **** still happens, when I call they say "it is a known issue with the equiptment". I tried to get out of my contract because in my opinion they were breaking their end of the agreement, to no avail but perhaps I should have went higher up.

My Telus internet is superior to my Shaw, I had both for a week and did speed tests alot during that week, Telus was consistently twice as fast at download speed, I didnt care about upload speed so I cant remember.

I never had Shaw phone so I wont comment on it.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:46 AM

subman jr. is on a distinguished road

Shaw!!!:sn ipersm:: bananahuge:
Old 05-20-2012, 03:00 AM

t-rex is on a distinguished road

When I moved into my new place I decided to try telus. Less than 24 hrs after the service technition left my internet would stop working lag or reboot. The TV froze. I called to ask for someone to come look at it the lady said there was nothing she could do for some b.s reason. I called back and they said it would be 2 weeks before they could come. So I ripped it right out of the wall and went for shaw. Thay came same day never had one issue and I got a bunch of channels free. ( I knew the tech and he hooked me up nicely)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-20-2012, 02:21 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Ok so I just went on the telus website.

for me to get what I have with shaw it is 133 for the first 6 months then 181 a month after that on a 3 year contract. yes you get a new laptop of x box so a 300 buck value that they make you pay 400 back of you don't finnish the contract, and its not prorated even if there is 6 months left in the contract you pay the whole amount (ask my daughter).

so that is 798.00 for the first 6 months and 5430 for the rest of the contract, so a total of 6228. for 3 years shaw costs me 5940.

so I really don't see where people are getting this "I saved so much money".

as for people in other places talking about speed, its useless info especially since telus' speed is dependent on how far from the "hub" you are. and if Doug buys where he is thinking Telus Internet will be crap, and optic tv. everyone in my area is switching back cuz of the problems telus cannot fix due to the distance and that place is even farther.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

For each of us, it really depends on what type of deal you're able to sign up with and what services/packages you're interested in. Compared to what I had with Shaw and what I now have with Telus is far better & less expensive. Of course I'm in a major metropolitan area so that would be different from where Doug or some other members might be.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
For each of us, it really depends on what type of deal you're able to sign up with and what services/packages you're interested in. Compared to what I had with Shaw and what I now have with Telus is far better & less expensive. Of course I'm in a major metropolitan area so that would be different from where Doug or some other members might be.
Ya agreed Anthony. We may in the center of Kamloops or if we can sell what we already bought, , out where Steve is talking about. I imagine its satellite out there. Hopefully some type of decent internet connection though.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:10 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Ya agreed Anthony. We may in the center of Kamloops or if we can sell what we already bought, , out where Steve is talking about. I imagine its satellite out there. Hopefully some type of decent internet connection though.
naa only a couple Km from me. there is shaw lines out there. got to go a lot farther befor you need satalite LOL.

I wouldn't call the other place the center.. would be the north edge, but ya a lot closer to down town.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.