Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 PM

The Codfather is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 240watt Eco Blue DC pumps

http://absolute-koi.com/pdf/Blue%20E...p%20Manual.pdf

I am in the middle of buying some of these pumps for my new build. I have done a ton of research on these, as well as talked to numerous people who own and operate these pumps as well. I have scoured the European market trying to find a good price on these pumps. Cheapest I found was about 685 Euro and 95 Euro shipping, putting the pump right around the $1000 dollar mark landed at my door.
Many have compared it to the Abyzz-($1999 for a pump landed at my door)which it looks like aside from colour, but has a better control. Now the eco now has a 1-10v interface so it can be controlled by a controller now, and they are beta testing a controller that may be purchased separately.
Now I am buying these pumps regardless of the outcome of this thread, what I am asking is if you are seriously looking at a controllable DC pump, either in the 110v or 220v version, that I will tack on your order with mine. Please read the pdf manual, I will also post another as soon as I can get it off my other computer, so you can make an informed decision.
I have been in contact directly with the manufacturer and have got a fairly good deal on these pumps, several hundred dollars off each pump. Now before I get into too much detail, Ill try to get a bit more information on this thread. Ill also try to answer any questions you have, but please, if you are interested, look over the manual.
Lets try to keep this thread on track, I can get any series you wish, but I'm sure the 240v is more than enough for most larger tanks. I will however, if there is no interest at all, post all the info on how the pumps perform and put as much detail on them as possible. Thanks,
Bob